shape
carat
color
clarity

White Sapphire Chathum/UNHEATED VVS1 AAA LOOSE GEMSTONE

zkmqm

Rough_Rock
I am pretty new in this field and i want white sapphire for my self but its so complicated for me to understand about gemstone. Can anyone please explain me what does ( Chathum/UNHEATED VVS1 AAA LOOSE GEMSTONE ) mean ? its not natural ?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chatham sapphire is a form of manmade synthetic which we are not allowed to discuss on this forum.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Minou. The stone you mentioned is a lab created or synthetic white sapphire. Not sure why the vendor would claim it to be unheated. VVS just means it is extremely clean, which one would expect out of a synthetic stone. AAA is an in-house grading of the perceived quality, which nobody has any idea what it means except the grader himself.

zkmqm

Rough_Rock
is any other forum there i can understand what is this ?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do a google search for "Chatham created sapphire" or just "chatham sapphire" and you will be provided with a host of sites which can provide you all the information you seek, I'm sure. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zkmqm|1445974292|3942693 said:

I just explained it in my post above.

Chatham = man made stone, synthetic, lab created, not natural, not made by nature.
VVS = loupe clean clarity
AAA = in-house grading of quality, not a worldwide accepted standard, therefore the quality is up for debate.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono: I took the OP to mean they want more info on the chatham process, but you clearly did explain everything else!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1445978541|3942727 said:
Chrono: I took the OP to mean they want more info on the chatham process, but you clearly did explain everything else!

Oh, okay, I get it now. Thanks, Minou!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
zkmqm|1445974292|3942693 said:

It's a man-made stone. They cooked a bunch of chemicals in vat and out came a Chatham stone. Chatham also makes "emeralds", "topaz" and "rubies".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results