shape
carat
color
clarity

White Sangria recipes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a good one...I want it to be a tad colorful- so hopefully I can use strawberries....There are SO many recipes online...it''s crazy....so I figured someone here must like to booze it up ;-) How far in advance should I make it?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I read this on another site.
I have never made it. Hope it helps

Here is the recipe for Jaleo''s WHITE sangria:

Makes 1 Liter

500 cl. (2/3 of a regular bottle) of cava sparkling wine from Spain, chilled
2 oz. Liquor 43 [nectar of the gods]
2 oz. Brandy
2 oz. White Grape Juice-
400 cl. Ice
2-3 Fresh Strawberries

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a recipe
9.gif

I just wanted to say Hello to More and Sevens
35.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I vaguely remember Mara posting one a looong time ago but I haven''t been able to find it. If you end up with a good one, please share!!!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I shouldn't even be looking at this-my excuse is that I'm planning a cocktail event for someone else!!

Here's Mara's thread-I hope she doesn't mind my posting it!

Mara's White Sangria thread

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I love Sangria and have a few that I really like.

This one is not too sweet, and I have found that a lot of guys really like it too...

2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 ounces brandy
One bottle of white wine (Some people like using a drier white like Pinot Grigio, but I personally prefer this recipe with a Riesling or Gewurztraminer, so it's a little sweeter than the Pinot)
Refridgerate for at least two hours, but preferably overnight or longer. It really allows the fruit to marinate in the mixture. When ready to serve, add 12 ounces of club soda.

This next one is fruitier. You can adjust what fruit you use (see variation below for an example - I also like the oranges and mangoes with strawberries). I avoid adding raspberries as they tend to turn the Sangria really red and make it a little too fruity for my personal taste. Also if you find that it's too sweet, substitute club soda for the gingerale. Diet gingerale also tends to be less sweet than the regular kind.

1/8 cup peach schnapps
1/8 cup cognac (or brandy)
1/8 to 1/4 cup white sugar (this can be increased/decreased/reduced, basically sweeten to taste)
2 oranges, sliced into rounds and then halved
1 mango, peeled and sliced
1 bottle white wine- again I prefer this recipe with a drier Riesling or a Savignon Blanc/Fume Blanc
Refridgerate this for at least two hours but preferably overnight. When ready to serve add 1/2 liter of chilled gingerale.

One variation of the last recipe that I also like is using blueberries, peaches and strawberries instead of the oranges and mangoes. I use about 1/2 cup of peach schnapps with one bottle of white wine and skip the cognac. I add in about 1/4 cup of frozen lemonade concentrate and 1/8-1/4 cup of sugar (sweeten to taste).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys...I just kind of played around with it...used brandy, some pineapple-oj, some cran, some triple-sec, etc., etc., and lots of fruit. It sat overnight and was gooooddd :)

Hi to you too Libs!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results