shape
carat
color
clarity

White inclusions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reds

Rough_Rock
Know this is probably a dumb question but can white inclusions become black. The diamond I am considering is a GIA SI1 G oval, that my vendor said has a white inclusion in the table that under 3 different diamond lights(?) he could not see. Says the diamond is eye clean. He has been straight forward so far and I will take to independent appraiser. Thanks for your input. Reds

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reds

Just a consumer here. I once read a post on Diamondtalk forum where someone said they had seen a diamond with a black feather and Rockdoc (who is a diamond appraiser) said he had never seen a black feather and asked the rhetorical question 'what would make it black?'. This was in a new diamond not a feather which was supposed to have changed color. So I guess it would not change color.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If an inclusion is completely inclosed within a diamond, I don't see how anything could *get* to it to turn it black. Not dirt, not oil, not even, if it were for some strange reason susceptible to it, oxygen.

reds

Rough_Rock
Thank you. This eases my mind. Reds

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Reds, I have a feather under the table of my RB. I was concerned about the same thing, but was told it was basically a non-issue - it won't change colour, and the chances of it spreading are slim to nil.
1.gif

Let's see pics when you pull the trigger!!
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
At times an inclusion, like a feather, can appear to look black, but this is usually due to a change in the type, intensity and direction of the light, and the angle you use to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results