shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold to Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I am a regular viewer and admirer of the many wonderful diamonds on this site. I am interested in a white gold ring, but am traditionally a yellow gold wearer and whilst I like the change, am not sure if I want white gold for ever.
Can one convert a white gold ring back to yellow gold?? I really have no idea, therefore the question. Is it practical, cost efficient, or even possible??
Thanks for you help
D2B

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
no, not possible they are two different alloys. have you considered two tone ?
another possibility is to pick a yellowy white gold alloy with no rhodium plating, which i think is pretty.

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 6:39:50 AM
Author: ladykemma
no, not possible they are two different alloys. have you considered two tone ?
another possibility is to pick a yellowy white gold alloy with no rhodium plating, which i think is pretty.
Ladykemma is right, I even saw a whole collection at H. Stern based on this yellowy colour (midway between stark yellow and white) and that is very appreciated for its vintage look.

I have the same problem, most of my jewels are YG but I find white metal definitely nicer when set with diamonds so it is not always an easy choice to make.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k white gold with no rhodium plating will have a slight yellow tint to it. There are pictures around the forum somewhere.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Two-tone is a good compromise or you can always have the diamond put in a new setting later on if you don''t have too much invested in the original one.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great visual!

I like #3 the best. I''ve always been a white metal gal but don''t like the chrome bumper look of #2.

If you''d like to try WG just don''t spend too much on the setting in case you want to move back to YG later on. Most of the money could go to the diamond.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all
Thanks for your replies. I will have to ask the jewellers what type of white gold it is. I suppose if I wear this one for 5-10 years or so, and then get sick of the colour I can get it reset in yellow gold or change the setting itself. I am a bit of a novice at all this, so great to read everyone elses ideas and see some of the wonderful settings.

Thanks
D2B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results