shape
carat
color
clarity

white gold to platinum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
what is generally the price difference between 14K white gold and platinum? (if it makes any difference, am considering asking to have setting made of platinum instead of 14K white gold so was wondering what reasonable price jump I can expect)

JDL

Rough_Rock
Borrowed from ApplesOfGold.com:

Platinum, being 60% denser than gold and 3 times more rare, typically costs three to four times more than white gold. The exact price difference varies from day to day and depends on the current market prices for each of the precious metals, but gold has always been a more affordable precious metal. Finally, platinum is harder to work with in creating fine jewelry, which means that the labor for a platinum ring is more expensive than the labor for a white gold ring; another determining factor in the increased price of platinum.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum has come down a lot since we purchased my setting last July from James Allen (a Danhov ME10). At the time, my setting was $2,300 in WG and $4,600 in platinum. Currently it's listed at $2,400 and $3,000 respectively.

What style setting are you looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results