shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
White gold - I have read you can get 14k, 18k and even *19*k.

Which is better for colour, strength and durability?

Some have said you cannot get anything other than 14k gold, as it doesn''t stay white, but other postings and people have said you can get 18k (and even 19k) white gold.

If 18k or 19k white gold is better, where can I find an on-line jeweller who sells this type of white gold? I have looked but cannot find.

Help!!!

Thanks,

Claude

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
In 18K gold, you'll get more gold (which is always yellow). It's softer.
In 14K gold, you'll get less gold, so theorically, lower risk
of getting that ring yellowish in the future...also it's harder then
18k. You'll need to plate your ring, 14 or 18k every let's say
year to maintain it's original beauty.

Trichrome.

Please do a search on pricescope..you'll find tons of info on white
gold.

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi Claude,

There is a chance you won't find anyone on the pricescope who can supply 19K white gold. If yes, it has to be one of the very few high end custom jewelers that have access to it. 19K has by far the best color and durability.
The color is whiter than Platinum and never needs rhodium plating.
My company does specialize on 19K custom pieces however I am not a Pricescope member, and as I was notified, I cant be creating a competition for the members who created this website. If you are not lucky locating 19K supplier on Pricescope, talk to Leonid and I am sure he will let me help you. The drawback is, that 19K is not commertially used for casting of findings, all work is custom so expect to pay a bit more. But the outcome is worth the time
Best,
George

GLE Gem Imports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results