shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold Pendant Bezel Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone know sites that just sell the settings for pendants and/or price them out? Particularly thin bezel round settings. I already looked at Stuller and they have a few possibilities but their bezels are very thick.

Anyone know what this would cost if I had a stone I wanted to set into a pendant in a white gold bezel setting? Something like $100 maybe?

Thanks..

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hiya!

What about this? It's very nice and elegant in my opinion.
1.gif

It's from www.betterthandiamond.com. It is being sold with an Asha, but you can ask them to sell you the mounting only.

pendant_bezel1_100.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks G, but I am not a fan of the thick chain. The one I really love is the thin bezel setting from Mondera.Com on a very thin chain..mmm.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You can change the chain.
The one you like is verrrrrrrrry nice.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the one I love...and it's actually not too pricey through Mondera with the stone (I SI) but I want to choose the stone separately ...boo. This is a platinum thin bezel.

thin diamond bezel.jpeg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Yes exactly that one. Why don't you give them a call and ask if you can buy it without the stone?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I emailed them so will see what they say! If I didn't want to choose the diamond myself then I would be tempted with the mondera pricing, they have some good prices on this set!

$820 for a .33 H/I SI stone with setting/chain etc and $1350 for a .50c H/I SI stone in the pendant. Not bad!

But of course when I get around to doing this, I want to go with a hand selected stone, probably an ACA esp since I can start small with them and utilize the lifetime trade-in to go up up and away later!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Small ACA's are just gorgeous! Plus I'm sure that in the future you'll upgrade up to at least 1ct.
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

I'm looking to set a one carat round diamond in a half bezel pendant with an 18" chain most probably in white gold.

I received the following quote (not including diamond):

$700 for custom half bezel and 18" 1.25mm cable chain in platinum

$550 for white gold as above.

For a Stuller piece half bezel it would be about $500 in platinum and about $300 in white gold, including chain.

What do you think and does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
1.gif

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Mara,

You might want to talk to White Flash. They are the ones who custom-made a 14k yg bezel pendant for me. They charged $150 total for the bezel and the chain (I got a 16 inch cable chain as well) and everything seemed to be completely customizable. Here is a pic of how my pendant turned out (I love it). FYI, the diamond in the pendant is a .39 carat ACA stone.

Jenn

JWnewpendant1.jpg

Jenn

Rough_Rock
One more pic of the pendant on my neck so you can get a better idea of size. BTW, I opted for a slightly thicker chain of 1.9 mm. The chain that White Flash originally put on it was a much thinner one; I believe it was 1.25 mm, which might be more up your alley, but seemed way too delicate and fragile for me.

JWnewpendant4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, $150 is very reasonable for the bezel and chain, and being a custom job too. Does the yg bezel make your diamond look yellower? How is the flipping (side to side and up and down) and diamond travel (diamond slowly creeps over to the back of the neck and all you see the the chain)?

I currently have mine in a white gold round 3 prong basket setting with a 14k yg bale. The wg basket helps the G color look icy white and the open setting helps it look bigger. Mine is a very small diamond (0.42ct).

BTW, what is the size of your rock?

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Good lord, I just realized this was a post from 2003!! Yikes!! Feel free to ignore my replies, lol.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 2:49:47 PM chrono wrote:

Jenn, $150 is very reasonable for the bezel and chain, and being a custom job too. Does the yg bezel make your diamond look yellower? How is the flipping (side to side and up and down) and diamond travel (diamond slowly creeps over to the back of the neck and all you see the the chain)?

I currently have mine in a white gold round 3 prong basket setting with a 14k yg bale. The wg basket helps the G color look icy white and the open setting helps it look bigger. Mine is a very small diamond (0.42ct).

BTW, what is the size of your rock?----------------

Yes, I thought $150 was totally reasonable too. My ACA is .39 carats. No, the diamond does not look yellow at all (I only wear yellow gold, I don't care for the look of platinum). The pendant never flips from side to side, however, it does flip up and down on occasion (maybe 1 or 2 times per day...not a big deal). The diamond travels very infrequently...it's pretty much always in the right place in the center of my neck. Actually, bezel settings tend to make diamonds look bigger, because they add to the diameter all around it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jenn. I've just found another way to lighten my wallet. Looks like it's time to call WF.

The post may be from 2003 but Noobie was looking for a bezel setting.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 3:02:18 PM chrono wrote:

Thanks Jenn. I've just found another way to lighten my wallet. Looks like it's time to call WF.
----------------

LOL, isn't it funny how easily that can happen??? It seems that there is ALWAYS something I'm just "dying" to have
1.gif
Next on my list....a yellow diamond ring for my right hand
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input Jenn, beautiful chain.

I don't have that much experience with pendants so it's nice to have feedback

Can anyone else help?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I just went through this odyssey... check out the thread:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/topic16548.html

Hope it's of some help to you.
1.gif

I will note that I have absolutely no problem with this thing flipping-it's very stable.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Geez, Jennifer, how could I have missed that! Thanks

Would you be so kind as to send me a PM with your views on the quote I got?

Still waiting for the updated stack-o-rings picture
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I called Whiteflash and they quoted me $250 for the bezel setting in white gold for 1/2 carat size.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/9/2004 8:27:35 PM sevens one wrote:

I called Whiteflash and they quoted me $250 for the bezel setting in white gold for 1/2 carat size.----------------

I have to say that is very odd...they only charged $150 for my .39 carat stone and that included both the bezel and the chain in 14k gold. The person I dealt with there was Bob, if you want to try talking to him.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Noobie, PM is waiting for you.
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys,
I just wanted to add my experience getting my diamond bezel set. I went to Signedpieces (www.signedpieces.com) to purchase a bracelet and earring set that was bezel set. While I was there, I asked how much it would cost to do the same thing with my diamond. I had my .62 round diamond set in a thin platinum bezel setting on a thin 16" platinum chain and I paid $275. This was a little less than a year ago I think. It took them about two weeks to set it and then they just mailed it to me when it was done.
hope this helps. I included a picture for you.
2.gif

109_0903 (2).JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Kayla, that's a great price for platinum--looks great!
love.gif

Also, it seems signed pieces is pretty good...

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the responses

Kayla, that's a really nice pendant at a great price. Did you supply the diamond or did you buy it from SignedPieces? Also are you local to them or did you deal with thme by e-mail and phone?

One last question, the bracelet and earrings you bought, was it a facets or a designer? I looked at their site and couldn't find any facets diamond bracelets or earrings.

Thanks again

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/11/2004 9:25:44 AM noobie wrote:

Kayla, that's a really nice pendant at a great price. Did you supply the diamond or did you buy it from SignedPieces? Also are you local to them or did you deal with thme by e-mail and phone?

One last question, the bracelet and earrings you bought, was it a facets or a designer? I looked at their site and couldn't find any facets diamond bracelets or earrings.

Thanks again
----------------

Hi Noobie,
I actually found the bracelet first, then the earrings. I have always loved the original T&CO. diamond by the yard line by Elsa Peretti and I've always wanted the bracelet or something similar.
One day I found the signedpieces website and saw they had the exact bracelet that I had in mind. I think it retails for about 2K at Tiffany's and I found it at SP's for about half the price.
I didn't want to purchase it and find out it was a fake, so when I found out that they were located in NY, which is where I happen to live, I decided to check out the bracelet in person.
The one thing with the bracelet is that the original person who owned it had small wrists, so she had sized it down to 6.5 inches, which happened to be perfect for me.
When I was at the store, I asked if they had a matching set of earrings, and although they didn't have T&CO. ones, they did have their own facets brand of earrings. They had a few pairs in different sizes and colors, so I chose a pair that were .50ctw and G/H VS clarity. I think I paid $700 or $750 for the pair and they are set in platinum also with screwbacks. Unfortunately I have lost one earring already, so I have contacted them about making me another matching earring.
When I was there, I happened to be wearing my diamond pendant, which at the time was set in a four prong setting on a chain. I figured that I would ask them what it would cost to set my diamond into a platinum bezel setting similar to the bracelet and earrings and since the price seemed so good and I knew where they were located, etc., I figured that I would do it.
They do guarantee their pieces against breaking, etc. or at least that's what I remember when I purchased the stuff.
Hope this helps.
2.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer,
Thanks so much.

Noobie,
There is one more thing I forgot to mention. When I found the bracelet on the website, I called and asked them to hold it for me until I could actually go to the store.
I think they actually held onto it for a week, but took it off their website immediately for me.
I thought that was pretty nice of them considering I left no deposit or anything on the bracelet.
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/11/2004 9:41:44 PM kayla17 wrote:

Hope this helps.
2.gif

----------------

Yes it does, thank you very much.

Do you have any pictures of the bracelet by the yard? The recent discussion of this style has me intrigued.. and ohh the advantages of living in NY. You can just pop by all of these places and see things for yourself. The rest of us have to look at a computer monitor and use our imagination
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nooobie,
Here is a picture of the bracelet. I have always loved the simplicity of the design and the way the bezel wraps very thinly around the diamonds.
When I asked SP to set my pendant, I wanted it to hang and look exactly like the bracelet, but they said they didn't want to copy the Tiffany one exactly, so my pendant's "ears" are set a little higher (about 2 and 11 o'clock), are smaller and are set perpendicular to the bezel.
I am sure if you contact them they will be more than happy to help you. Likewise, I am sure that any of the vendors here would be happy to help you also. And, knowing what I know about diamonds now, I would only buy larger diamond purchases from one of the vendors here.
But for little things like this, as long as the diamonds are pretty good quality, I don't see anything wrong with it.
IF I am not mistaken, someone else on the Show me the ring forum contacted them about making a ring which they could not find on their website, and they were able to do it with a pretty quick turnaround.
Here is the thread-
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-anny-band.16802/

109_0906 (3).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results