shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold or Platinum for Tennis Bracelet

chaka

Rough_Rock
I'm thinking of purchasing a 3-prong 5ctw tennis bracelet from either WF or BG to wear to my wedding, but I'm wondering whether to do white gold or platinum. I have a white gold diamond necklace that I love, but I have to re-rhodium it every two years or else the finish wears off. That said, I worry that platinum will be too heavy. Thoughts, lovely PSers?

Thanks!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you wear the bracelet as often as you do your necklace? If yes, I would explore going platinum. If not, white gold is good.

I also suggest checking out ID Jewelry for tennis bracelets. They are much more competitively priced than the WF and BGD bracelets.

chaka

Rough_Rock
Yes, I want to wear it 24/7, so it sounds like platinum is better. I'll check out that site, thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd go with platinum. But I would not recommend wearing any fine jewelry 24/7. It would need to be cleaned daily anyway, so give it a rest overnight!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the WF 3-prong version and I highly recommend going with platinum. It was worth the upgrade in cost to me.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chaka|1458751824|4009877 said:
Yes, I want to wear it 24/7, so it sounds like platinum is better. I'll check out that site, thanks!
Call them and tell them you are a PSer and want PS quality stones in the tennis bracelet.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may not be the best role model, but I wear my earrings, tennis bracelet (white gold) pendant and wedding rings 24/7 (except to clean). I got the bracelet for our 10th anniversary and we've been married 21 years. Just sayin'

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
I agree with m-2-b....I just purchased a 3-prong tennis bracelet with ACA diamonds from WF in platinum and I've been blown away. I'm sooooo happy that I went with platinum. It was an heirloom quality purchase for me, so I was happier to pay the slightly higher price for platinum.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for platinum. :wavey:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought wife's 3 ct, 3 prong tennis bracelet from BGD.
I vote to save money and go WG.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3-prong WG tennis bracelet from Whiteflash and am very happy with it. I did not go with platinum as I thought it was a little softer and could be bent more easily if caught on something while being worn. Platinum seems more difficult to polish up on a bracelet. All my rings are platinum, though, so I see its beauty. You don't see that much metal on a bracelet.

But really, with 5 cts of ACAs you cannot go wrong!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote unplated WG or WG mixed with Palladium. That way you won't have to rhodium plate. You save money, and it's less soft than Plat.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
All my jewelry are WG, and I haven't need to re-plate, although I don't wear my jewelry 24/7. I vote WG because you don't really see much metal with the 3-prong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results