shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold or Platinum for Diamond Tennis Bracelet?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. Sorry for my thread jacking.

Oh, no worries, it is definitely not jacked...yet. lol. I will do the reveal and tag you if that is ok with you.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no worries, it is definitely not jacked...yet. lol. I will do the reveal and tag you if that is ok with you.

Yes please do so. Thank you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not make an official reveal but I did create a post about WF diamond mix-up where I mentioned my upgrade. I went from 2.13 CBI to 2.57 ACA - yes, I switched the vendors and now I am a WF customer.

We still need a new thread on the new diamond…just sayin’!

tenshix

Rough_Rock
@tenshix I have a number of different tennis bracelets. They are all white gold except one is platinum. The platinum one is very heavy. I would have to look up on my appraisal the size of the stones. I have never had an issue with rhodium with the other bracelets... I think the problem with rings in gold is that we are washing our hands, etc. We aren't doing that with bracelets. With that said, if you swim, shower, gym, do yard work, etc., with your bracelets then I am not sure what to tell you on that. Doing things like subjecting jewelry to all that is what will require the rhodium. I have not had any issues with WG rings because I do not wear them in the pool, ocean, shower, jacuzzi, etc. Those situations are not good for metal, even platinum. So I guess you need to assess if you are willing to take them off during those other activities. If you will just wear them when you are out and about each day and not subject them to bathing, swimming, etc., etc., then you should have no rhodium needs for the bracelets. As for the plat bracelet, unless your stones are very, very tiny and a very dainty mounting I would suggest you go for gold... but that is me. Just some things to consider. I look forward to seeing your new piece!

@headlight Thank you so much for your input! I tend to not take off my bracelets during showers but I do so for my rings. And the reason why I’m also worried about the plating is because I will be stacking this bracelet with my other bracelets so I’m thinking it would rub on each other quite a bit. I think if I was only wearing this once in a while I wouldn’t be too concerned about the rhodium wearing off too fast. However I’ve also never worn a tennis bracelet 24/7 so far so I actually don’t know if I’ll like the feel of it. Thank you again for your input you’ve given me helpful advice to think about!

tenshix

Rough_Rock
I ended up getting platinum and have no regrets. Mine is 5.67ctw and it is not heavy at all. However, I do prefer a slight weight just to feel it, knowing I am wearing the bracelet (I am always a little more cautious with my hands when wearing diamond bracelets to not bang them everywhere). If you are thinking of getting 5ctw, the bracelet will not be heavy (it is a perfect size, imo) and I believe platinum is a safe bet.

In fact, I decided that all my jewelry is going to be platinum (after I got my upgraded e-ring in platinum setting.) Knowing me, I would look for a slightest signs of white gold turning yellow-ish and I do not wish to do that. Platinum brings me piece of mind in this regard.

@daisygrl You sound exactly like me! I tried on some 14k settings and I actually did not like how light it was because I might forget it’s on and if it falls off my arm I wouldn’t notice. I also always look for plating wearing off which always bothered me, which is why I ended up resetting my e-ring to platinum. I think I also sway towards having peace of mind like you do. Thank you so much for your input! Do you happen to know which PT alloy mix your bracelet is in?

If it’s not too much trouble would you mind posting some photos of your bracelet for me to admire?

Also can’t wait to see the thread reveal of your upgrade ring, it sounds beautiful already!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
@daisygrl You sound exactly like me! I tried on some 14k settings and I actually did not like how light it was because I might forget it’s on and if it falls off my arm I wouldn’t notice. I also always look for plating wearing off which always bothered me, which is why I ended up resetting my e-ring to platinum. I think I also sway towards having peace of mind like you do. Thank you so much for your input! Do you happen to know which PT alloy mix your bracelet is in?

If it’s not too much trouble would you mind posting some photos of your bracelet for me to admire?

Also can’t wait to see the thread reveal of your upgrade ring, it sounds beautiful already!
I think you answered your own question regarding platinum vs. white gold. =)2

Mine consists of 95% platinum, 5% palladium.

And here are some pics. Hope to see yours soon as well. IMG_3299.jpg IMG_3442.jpg IMG_3486.JPG

tenshix

Rough_Rock
I think you answered your own question regarding platinum vs. white gold. =)2

Mine consists of 95% platinum, 5% palladium.

And here are some pics. Hope to see yours soon as well. IMG_3299.jpg IMG_3442.jpg IMG_3486.JPG

OMG look at that crazy rainbow flash!! Your bracelet is stunning, thank you for sharing! Love the size, it’s just the right amount of bling for me!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG look at that crazy rainbow flash!! Your bracelet is stunning, thank you for sharing! Love the size, it’s just the right amount of bling for me!

Thank you! Yes, I believe it is a nice, comfortable but visible size for everyday wear.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I believe it is a nice, comfortable but visible size for everyday wear.

I love the size on you! How many pointers is each diamond?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the size on you! How many pointers is each diamond?

Thank you. I believe 11 or 12. They are stacked up tightly together due to the setting style, that is why they add up to be 5.67ctw

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I believe 11 or 12. They are stacked up tightly together due to the setting style, that is why they add up to be 5.67ctw

Thanks! I like the setting/look! I tried a 13 pointer recently but it looked tiny on me.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I like the setting/look! I tried a 13 pointer recently but it looked tiny on me.

ABE96DD8-7810-427C-A601-4983EF26D5C6.jpeg

I think it is the 3-prong setting that makes the stones look more spread out - more space between stones, so they do not cover as much skin - if that makes sense. For that reason, I prefer 4-prong one with round-ish look. The 4-prong setting makes the bracelet look like one solid line of diamonds.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think it is the 3-prong setting that makes the stones look more spread out - more space between stones, so they do not cover as much skin - if that makes sense. For that reason, I prefer 4-prong one with round-ish look. The 4-prong setting makes the bracelet look like one solid line of diamonds.

Yes that makes sense. Unfortunately I may need a longer bracelet if I want to wear my bracelet before a watch (rather than after). Ack. The hunt continues!

P.s. I love that we can have such conversations on PS re: settings and what not. Irl most people are like - aren’t they all tennis bracelets? Lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results