shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold Cartier Ring Has Dark Spots?

estrellac

Rough_Rock
Hi, I noticed my ring has some discolored spots on the inside of the ring. I bought it pre-owned and I was wondering why it looks like this? My ring is the standard love ring without diamonds. FA30BD97-07E0-41A4-8C73-98AE149900C7.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming it’s genuine, do you know if it was rhodium plated over the gold? Some people prefer that brighter finish (I had my rings done). And it can / does wear off over time, it’s just a fine coating.
Other than that it could just be a simple surface reaction of a hand lotion, sunscreen or something. It should just “buff off” with a polishing cloth.

mihirksh

Rough_Rock
This can be a Rodhium problem .. sometimes the quality of Rodhium used is not very good...

You can give to polish it again and it will be fine ...

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you just need to polish it. If doesn't work, let an expert check it so it can give you peace of mind.

beatricecrummles

Rough_Rock
This can be a Rodhium problem .. sometimes the quality of Rodhium used is not very good...

You can give to polish it again and it will be fine ...

This is also my guess. Rhodium plating can wear off over time due to excessive sweating, chlorine, and other chemicals that it is exposed to. But it can be polished as everyone said.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are so hard to buy on the secondary market

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I predict a troll ban in 5....4....3....2....1....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results