shape
carat
color
clarity

White gold band but platinum prongs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davidsle

Rough_Rock
Would this be advisable or should I go with all platinum or all white gold? I''ve seen threads of the difference between platinum and white gold but I haven''t seen anything about a mixture between the two. Anyone have any suggestions?
2.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
My first e-ring was two tone with platinum prongs. I thought they were white gold since the shank was two tone but the jeweler told me they don't set stones in gold (white or yell) because it is not strong enough. That even when you see gold prongs they are platinum with gold overlay if they were sold through them.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I just upgraded, and got a white gold shank with a platinum head and prongs. The ring designer suggested coating the prongs with white gold to match the white gold shank. That way, I would still get the strength of the platinum for the prongs, but they would both match. It was the perfect solution for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results