shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold Allergy??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock

Hello everyone,

I have an 18K White Gold Gucci ICON ring and I noticed after a few wearings that I noticed 4-5 little blisters in the area that wore the ring and they itched like crazy. I Also noticed this when I was engaged with my white gold engagement ring. Is this a white gold allergy? Is it common, does this happen to anyone else? What can I do with my white gold jewelry that I have right now?

chirp

Shiny_Rock
try not wearing it for a while and then wear some yellow gold or silver so that you''ll see if it''s wg that you''re alergic to or any other jewelry. is it 14ct or 18ct? sometimes it matters. have you tried platinum?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be WG allergy or maybe irritation from water and soap that was trapped under the ring. Do you have the same reaction to yellow gold?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can have a reaction to some of the alloys they use in the white gold. I don''t break out but I notice WG earrings make my ears itch after about 4 or 5 hours.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone. Thank you for your responses...

I am A OK with PLAT. So maybe my body chemistry is more expensive than I thought :)

I have been told perhaps with my other white gold jewelry that I can have it dipped in PLAT. Has anyone ever heard of that?

I have the same reacation to Yellow Gold and to silver as well.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
10% of the world''s population has some type of metal allergy. An allergic reaction to metal is an overreaction of the body''s immune system to a substance (allergen) in a metal. An allergic reaction to metal can cause contact dermatitis (intense swelling, pain, and itching). The vast majority of people are not allergic to gold or silver, but to the alloys present in them. Because 18k gold is 25% other metals and sterling silver is 7.5% other metals, it is likely that you are alergic to one of the alloys. 950 Plat typically containts Platinum, iridium, ruthenium and/or palladium. Since it doesn''t appear that you have an allergy to any of the alloys in platinum, you could have your jewelry plated in one of those metals.

- Susie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results