shape
carat
color
clarity

White Fluorescence?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
I saw a GIA report on a diamond today that said it had white fluorescence. I''ve heard of blue fluorescence, but not white.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nothing special, just a white reaction to UV versus the more common bluish-white that usually appears. A little is perfectly okay. If there is more than a little, one needs to see the stone to judge if any detriment to looks exists due to fluorescence. There is no other way to be certain.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Diamond can fluoresce in several colors. Blue, white, yellow...The Hope diamond fluoresces RED. Cool!
Next time you people are in Washington, D.C., go visit the Hope diamond and others that will make your eyes light up!
Give yourself more than an hour just to play in the Gem Hall. They have some serious gems on view.

MeanRex

Rough_Rock
So I guess white fluorescence means it glows like a white t-shirt, or your teeth under a black light?
And I know red diamonds are rare (and so are the more solid pinks (not just a light shade of pinky)), but are red fluorescing diamonds rare?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results