shape
carat
color
clarity

White Flash Gold & 3 Stone Pix Request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boogeyman

Rough_Rock
I am about to have my stone mounted at White Flash and just curious if anyone knows the mix of the 18K White Gold at White Flash. The E ring setting is about another $600 in platinum and if they produce a quality 18K white gold, I may go that route.

Secondly, can anyone post some pics of what I guess would be typical if you will spacing that my fiancee to be can expect when wearing a 3 stone e ring with a plain band? I''ve read over and over about spacing issues etc and have yet to actually see pics of the spacing between the e ring and band. My setting is a 3 stone and we''d go with a plain band, no stones.

Thanks

Boogeyman

Rough_Rock
Morning bump
26.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Boogeyman,

Our 18K white gold is alloyed with nickel, and rhodium plated. It’s a high quality alloy, suitable for anyone who doesn't have a nickel allergy. We have also done rings in palladium WG but they appear too dark for our taste, so we have rhodium plated them as well. Gold is gold: Anything you alloy with it only dilutes the yellow/gold hue. With proper plating a WG ring will need to be re-dipped about as often as a platinum ring needs re-polish, depending on wear and tear.

For anyone with nickel allergy concerns we suggest platinum. Even palladium WG is not advertised as hypo-allergenic (though it is less likely to cause a reaction). With the current prices of precious metals, palladium WG is nearly as expensive as platinum alloys anyway; palladium is in the platinum family of metals.

With regard to spacing, are you asking if a three-stone ring can be made to sit flush with an accompanying band?

Boogeyman

Rough_Rock
Thanks John. I am looking at your Trois Brilliant setting and one of your sales associates mentioned the spacing issue as others have on the forums I visit. I''d opt for a plain band with no stones and just curious as to "how much" spacing would there be or conversely, are there any bands that would work with the setting that would minimize the spacing between the ering and band.

Thanks!
BM

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t have the trois brillent but i have the 3stone w-prong and i tried on a channel set band that i have with it and can tell you, there is very, very little space between the two.

Boogeyman

Rough_Rock
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Belle's Three Stone W Prong is similar in architecture. For many people a little space is not a bother. Others like their rings to sit perfectly flush.

Here is why the band won’t sit absolutely flush. The gallery requires width at the top greater than the width of the shank. I’ve identified with arrows where it would be slightly ‘pushed away’ from the ring, creating space below.

TroiBrillent-Gallery.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
There are rings designed to be ‘flush fit.’ Such rings have a uniform width all the way around and may elevate the gallery so that the head holding the center stone (or stones) won’t ‘rub’ against the accompanying band or its diamonds.

If you wanted a tight fit between Trois Brillent and an accompanying band you could have a band specifically designed for it - or you would need to customize the shank of TB to be the same thickness as the base of its gallery all the way around. Many people prefer delicate shanks, so that would be a balance of what’s most important (the existing width of the shank is 2.5 mm).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results