shape
carat
color
clarity

White flash diamond choices - need help

giftofhotel

Rough_Rock
Hi all - looking for some opinions on two diamonds I have narrowed down.

1.602 G VS1
2.041 I SI1

Both of these are about the same price and I have view them in person. Both are equally striking in person because the cut is almost identical in proportions. But for some reason the 1.602 was drawing my attention more. Maybe it was more of a mental thing, thinking back. Both are eye clean, but you can see the inclusion in the 2.04 if you view it from the side.

I think my SO will prefer the size of the 2.04 but I personally enjoy the quality of G VS1. Honestly comparing them next to each other, the size difference was not as big as I expected. Here are the diamonds:

Also attached a picture for size comparison. So hopefully the community here can provide me some insight over one or the other.

Looking forward to the feedback and thanks in advance!
FFBB03AD-C7F3-4FCF-BDAB-7A0B39C1ECB0.png FFBB03AD-C7F3-4FCF-BDAB-7A0B39C1ECB0.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the one that your SO would like more.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get what your SO wants also . How was the color difference between the G and I? They both look very white in the picture.

giftofhotel

Rough_Rock
so the color difference was not noticeable to me in person and that was my #1 worry going into the viewing. I even viewed them on their side and it was slightly warmer but you had to look for it. From the top view you can’t tell.

For comparison I did ask for another I color diamond and I noticed that one immediately. So I was told I color grading can be a relatively wide range, maybe I got lucky and got a G or H colored diamond in reality.

Of course I am picking the diamond my SO would want so my decision was 99% going into this post. Just wanted to see if there’s any reason NOT to.. lol

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size difference is noticeable. If she would like the larger diamond get the larger diamond.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
Once the stone is mounted you won't be able to see inclusions from the side anyway.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Definitely 2 ct. The color difference is not discernible from your images.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take the 2 ct

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful 2 carat SI1!

entaro

Rough_Rock
The size difference is noticeable. If she would like the larger diamond get the larger diamond.

I noticed it too, definitely the size is noticeable... for some size does matter lol

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
2ct gets my vote!

KBM

Rough_Rock
The 2ct gets my vote! It's the size your SO will LOVE and its a gorgeous stone (and the size difference is quite noticeable). Beautiful stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results