shape
carat
color
clarity

White diamond with tint of blue

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

light_breeze

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I have heard of blue diamond before, but never have seen one. The other I saw a diamond that has a shade of blue but not quite blue to be classify as blue diamond. I am just wondering, would the blue shade diminish the diamond's value or grading by having the blue shade? Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Can you describe the diamond better for us? Did it look blue in indoor lighting? What color is it? Does it have strong blue fluorescence? Does is have an independent grading report? Which lab?

light_breeze

Rough_Rock
Hi!

The diamond does not have an independent report. It's with a jeweler that I have purchase some pieces. The blue coloring can be seen in indoor normal lighting. The shade is very light watering saphire blue. Cuts and symmetry are excellent. I do not have the statistics on the stone. Thanks!

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
It doesn't sound like it's flourescence....Lawmax please correct me if I am wrong.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pale blue = grey = about the same grade and value that the stone wwould be on the D-Z color scale.
We get I-K colored Argyle blues in parcels of brownish stones at the same value.

When the blue is approaching Z in tone / saturation then it starts to become valuable - otherwise they are curiosities and worth buying if you like to own something a little different.

If everyone stops you in the street and says: Hey that diamond is blue - then it will cost 3 times to 30 times more than a white stone and should come with a GIA cert.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information Gary. I'd be curious to see one if you have the time to post a pic.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I think it sounds like a fun stone to own! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results