shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
I have two diamonds to choose from:

1.29, Round, E, SI2, Ideal, AGS
1.21, Round, G, VS2, GIA

Not sure of the symmetry/polish. But, based on the info above, any suggestions?

Thanks
Ken

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You're giving too little information. Can you find out a little more? If the cut is comparable on both, I myself would choose the G/VS 2. An E/SI 2 is appealing too, but nowdays not too many SI 2's are eye-clean. If you find a great looking one, it's a great bargain, but I feel that a G/VS is safer in terms of appearance to the naked eye. G is still very white.
1.gif
Of course if it is extremely well cut.
1.gif

What's is the price point on these?

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Thanks! i will try to get the polish/symmetry and cut today.

The prices are:
1.29 - $6100
1.21 - $6553

What do you think about the prices?

Thanks
Ken

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... why are those symmetry and polish so imporatant? If the first stone is AGS Ideal, that polish and symmetry would be "ideal". However, I woudl like to see ptical symmetry (Harts and Arrows pattern) and light return - otherwise the numbers and words on the cery do very little to describe what the stones would look like.

Do you have a copy of the AGS cert?

The prices are in line with what one might expect for an H&A, AGS0 - hope the stones correspond to the respective description too! The G sounds like a good deal for a H&A - not that there is no aknowledgement of cut quality in the price, there is - so I hope more details on the cut would also be there (meaning Sarin and Ideal Scope or equivalent measure of brilliance).

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The prices you were quoted seem to be really fair and in line with internet pricing. Do find out more about polish/symmetry/table/depth/sarin report and fluorescence. We need to keep in mind that all these factors can be a cause of discount or premium.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results