shape
carat
color
clarity

which would YOU choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
first of all! lookie what anoter pser found!!! it's exactly what i've been looking for!
i contacted a local jewlery store that carries this, they are supposed to get back to me today on $.

now, for the center stone....

(all oval - all GIA cert - all within $700 of eachother)

choice 1
carat - 1.20
clar - SI1
colo - I
d - 63
t - 61
gir - thin-thick
cut - none
polish - g
sym - g
flour - mb
meas - 8.48x5.88

choice 2
carat - 1.21
clar - SI2
color - F
d - 63
t - 60
gir - sligh thick - thick
cut - none
polish - g
sym - g
flour - n
meas - 8.35x5.74

choice 3
carat - 1.27
clar - VS2
color I
d - 65
t - 53
gir - thin - thick
cut - none
polish - VG
sym - VG
flour - mb
meas - 8.15x6.05

GOTTLIEB%20-%2026979.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
sorry.. this is in the wrong forum - can someone help me move it to rocky talk?
6.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That is a really pretty setting!! I can''t wait to see it when it is all done!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Vizla, that is a BEAUTIFUL setting!!!! Kudos!!

Have you seen these 3 stones? I believe that ovals are like a lot of fancies in terms of the ##''s being only part of the story. HOpefully some others will chime in, but your best bet is to either see them or to talk with the vendor about their appearance. (TO get the least bow tie, etc.)

:)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about oval cuts, only that I LOVE the look of them.
30.gif
Great setting too!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably go with #1 as long as the bowtie isn''t extremely noticeable, and it isn''t milky due to the fluorescence. The numbers for #1 and #2 are very similar, but #1 is slightly larger and the medium blue fluorescence with an I should look very striking. If #1 turns out not to be as good, #2 should be fine though. #2 is an F, so it will be very white. Check to make sure the inclusions aren''t visible since it''s an SI2. I would have the vendor call both in and see which one is the better stone.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could call in just one, I wouldn't know which that could be based on the stats and numbers. I'd want to know what they look like above all. There's nothing terribly bad or straight reassuring in those stats that do not show shape, clarity (the SIs) or brilliance.

Besides, where did G and H go? No luck with those grades? If I-VS2 and F-SI2 fit the budget, I would expect G-SI to fit too.

I see some larger sidestones on the setting - any idea what approx. grade are those? I don't know the seller, and true enough, at least color shows less the smaller the size, but it would be a pity to fit a nice colorless oval between to K-ish half-moon chips.

My 2c

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your imput! it''s so hard to tell when buying on-line. i haven''t been able to look at these stones in person. my goal is to have as much knowlege as possible before going into (or more importantly) having my bf go into the store. hopefully with these numbers we can find something similar to these numbers.

plus..... got some $$ back on that setting.. very sad
7.gif
- the setting is as much as the "rock" budget.. what is a gal to do? i don''t want to go down in center stone size to get the setting i want, but i don''t want to get a plain band either.... ugh!

why can''t i have it all ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results