shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose?

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Stone is 1.60 ct. VS2 L (though faces whiter due to very strong flourescence and ideal cut)

Option 1 would be an ebay purchased antique Belais setting.

Option 2 would be a custom 3-stone setting ($ atleast double, probably more).

Very chunky size 9.5 finger. To be worn as RHR.

setting.jpg

antique belias.jpg

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I love 2... :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness...Love the three stone.. Funny thing just a few hours ago I was drawing up almost that exact same setting on paper for a colored stone project but only my center was a semi bezel... SO I LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: the all bezel three stone. I know you say its pricey, but having such an awesome RHR like that would be amazing!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well...I have to vote for option 2! it's gorgeous :) :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
another vote for 2~ =)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The threestone - gorgeous!

If budget is an issue you might consider silver - it's a sturdy setting so softer metal won't be an issue, and we've seen some absolutely stunning silver pieces on here in the last few months :sun:

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the opinions! I love both options but I think you are right and the three stone will be a fantastic RHR. I am moving forward on having it made. The jeweler has sourced two pears that are approx. 3x5 mm ea. My stone is roughly 7.6mm in diameter. I want the three to look proportionate but I want my center to definitely be the focus. Any thoughts?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1303940287|2906514 said:
Thanks so much for the opinions! I love both options but I think you are right and the three stone will be a fantastic RHR. I am moving forward on having it made. The jeweler has sourced two pears that are approx. 3x5 mm ea. My stone is roughly 7.6mm in diameter. I want the three to look proportionate but I want my center to definitely be the focus. Any thoughts?

Try playing with this tool http://www.datlas.com/shapeselector2.htm to see how pears can differ in shape - skinny/fat, long & lean vs. short & squat, bulging... you may find you have some strong preferences.

These are the proportions you're looking at now - 7.6mm circle w/ 3x5 pears, I like it!

pearscircle_0.png

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! Thank you Yssie! That helps tremendously to be able to visualize the proportions. You are amazing and I appreciate it so very much. I do love the way it looks. It's exactly what I was hoping for. Yay! I can't wait to see it finished. The wait is so hard!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The portions you are going for are perfect and you made the right choice!

Make sure the jeweler is skilled at executing bezels. Have you seen some of their finished work?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results