shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB_Gary

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I know this is a really tough question to ask based on the little information that I can provide but just by looking at these 4 diamonds can you guys give me your opinion on which one you think is the best. Please assume that all of the "SI" diamonds are eye clean.

A little background information. My girlfriend has told me that she really wants a diamond that is basically colorless. That is a high priority for her. She doesn''t want to have really any color. I don''t know if she would really be able to see a difference between a "G" or an "H". On top of that I want to make sure that I get her the best quality diamond that I can in this price range I have provided. I do worry a little about the SI even when it''s "eye clean". The last little bit of information is that the diamond is going to be going in to a Tiffany Legacy type of setting with a bezel and halo around the centerstone so does that mean that the size of the centerstone isn''t as important? Oh... she also has small hands with a ring size of about 4.75.

So... if I could get your opinions based on this rough information that would be great. I''m just at the beginning of this journey but want to get pointed in the right direction.

I also am not able to get the other "angles" of the diamonds so it has to be based off this info. I''m just getting Ideas not making my final decision on this info. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH :)

Diamond #1
Price $1,640.00
Carat Weight 0.65
Cut Ideal Cut
Color G
Clarity VS2
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Grading Report GIA
Depth % 61.8
Table % 57%
Girdle Thin to medium

Diamond #2
Price $1,483.00
Carat Weight 0.61
Cut Ideal Cut
Color G
Clarity VS2
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Grading Report GIA
Depth % 61.6
Table % 56%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick

Diamond #3
Price $1,579.00
Carat Weight 0.70
Cut Ideal Cut
Color H
Clarity SI1
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Grading Report GIA
Depth % 62.4
Table % 57%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick

Diamond #4
Price $1,443.00
Carat Weight 0.61
Cut Ideal Cut
Color H
Clarity SI1
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Grading Report GIA
Depth % 61.2
Table % 57%
Girdle Thin to Medium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does she want an undisputed colourless diamond such as D E or F? If so then that is what I would get, G and H might look colourless in the majority of cases but they are actually near colourless. If your GF wants true colourless to be ' mind clean' for her then that is what I would get.

Not enough info on the diamonds above, can you post the crown and pavilion angles for each please and the diameters, or alternatively the GIA report numbers so we can look them up from there?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/9/2009 1:05:28 PM
Author: Lorelei
Not enough info on the diamonds above, can you post the crown and pavilion angles for each please and the diameters, or alternatively the GIA report numbers so we can look them up from there?

Ditto on the importance of crown / pavilion angles - they can make or break the diamond! If you have the report number, carat weight, color and clarity, you can look up the basic details (no plotting diagrams) of the lab reports and obtain the crown / pavilion angle measurements and then add them to your post.

GIA Report Check

AGS Report Check

HRD Belgium Report Check

Other labs can be looked up on WhoCaresDotCom or something like that, ha, ha, ha, ha!
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2009 1:45:27 PM
Author: Todd Gray

Date: 6/9/2009 1:05:28 PM
Author: Lorelei

Ditto on the importance of crown / pavilion angles - they can make or break the diamond! If you have the report number, carat weight, color and clarity, you can look up the basic details (no plotting diagrams) of the lab reports and obtain the crown / pavilion angle measurements and then add them to your post.

GIA Report Check

AGS Report Check

HRD Belgium Report Check

Other labs can be looked up on WhoCaresDotCom or something like that, ha, ha, ha, ha!
20.gif
Todd you are a riot!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results