shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose. Second attempt.

Which would you rather have?

• The sapphire Kirk Kara piece with a bezeled asscher.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys. I''ve narrowed down what I''m getting to these two rings. I love them both equally for different reasons. Whch would you choose? The only difference to either of them would be:

Ring 1)Asscher bezel head.

Ring 2)Instead of all diamonds it would be sapphire/diamond.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Option 1.

pollanswer1.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Option two.

pollanswer2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, the good news: You can't go wrong with either (IMO).

Depending on how it looked (I wish I knew how to use photoshop), I might still bezel the e/w emerald on the second ring (which is the setting I voted for). Thin and sleek, like neatfreak and laurenthepartier's rings.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn''t thought of a bezel with the e-w ec, but it is a thought. I wish I had photoshop too, it would be so helpful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 12:42:43 PM
Author: EBree
Well, the good news: You can''t go wrong with either (IMO).

Depending on how it looked (I wish I knew how to use photoshop), I might still bezel the e/w emerald on the second ring (which is the setting I voted for). Thin and sleek, like neatfreak and laurenthepartier''s rings.

I vote this option too!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving option #2

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have photo shop?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to mock something up, but the original image is a bit hard to match with its highlights and shadows etc. I found a shot of Neatfreak's ring and put the bezeled stone on for you. Hopefully it's good enough to give you an idea. Sorry in advance about the quality.
41.gif
I wasn't sure about where you wanted the sapphires, so didn't color any of the stones.

bezel-pollanswer2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:42:43 PM
Author: EBree
Well, the good news: You can''t go wrong with either (IMO).

Depending on how it looked (I wish I knew how to use photoshop), I might still bezel the e/w emerald on the second ring (which is the setting I voted for). Thin and sleek, like neatfreak and laurenthepartier''s rings.
Ditto.

And I really loved that first setting, until I saw the second, and I''m not even a real E/W fan. But that is one gorgeous ring/setting. So it''s getting my vote. However, I am of the mind not to bezel it. I like how it flows as is. But it''s all personal preference!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
LOL I posted the photo and failed to give my opinion - oopsie.

I voted for the e/w set without the bezel. Like Ellen, I love how ''flowy'' the setting is and feel the bezel just weighs it down.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I saw the first setting on someone I would think it was very pretty and unique but the second one is just stunning to me!

To be honest I think I like it better without the bezel but even with the bezel I still like it more than the first.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 9:23:44 AM
Author: tyty333

If I saw the first setting on someone I would think it was very pretty and unique but the second one is just stunning to me!

To be honest I think I like it better without the bezel but even with the bezel I still like it more than the first.

ditto - i like the second one the most, without the bezel (but its still very pretty!!). i love the elegance of the whole ring set of #2

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I voted #1 but they''re both amazingly beautiful!

E B

Ideal_Rock
After seeing girlie-girl''s quick mockup, I''m going to have to agree with the ''no bezel'' votes on the second setting. If you love the bezel, though (which you''ve wanted from the beginning, right?) you should definitely incorporate it somehow.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I chose option 1, but I didn't understand about the bezel. Why not just leave it as it? I think adding the bezel will upset the flow of the ring. I'm confused, can we go over the options again?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Girlygirl you''re my hero! I love the way it looks but I think it better with no bezel for option 2. And as far as the sappgire part I want it to start with sapphires and alternate sapphire/diamond/sapphire.

Ebree-I wasn''t sure if I wanted a bezel on the e-w ec, I know I want it on the kirk kara piece.

Mercoledi-The reason I wanted a bezel is because I fell head over heels for one. I posted several threads on here about my concerns that it wouldn''t look right with the 1st ring but everyone seemed to think it would look great. I''ll post a pic for you to see. Also I wanted a bezel because I love the octagonal shape of asschers and prongs would hide that.

doublebezel918.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh...I spelled sapphire wrong and "but I think it better with no bezel for option 2" should be but i think I like it better with no bezel for option2.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you had mentioned you wanted sapphires in your setting, so I still love the custom Kirk Kara idea. But, truth be told, I''m in LOVE with ring #2. It was saved in my favourites forever, and is the inspiration for my sister''s upgrade setting in a few years!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m solidly in love with both. I think it''s funny that you had saved both the rings I''m lusting after when it was your ring that got me hooked on here. I had never cared for halos on rings until I saw yours. While yours isn''t a halo per se it kinds is!

As soon as I saw it I emailed it to my boyfriend with the headline "This is it...I am looking no further!". Until I realized I don''t think I''d be happy w/o sapphires. I saw a lady with a sapphire wedding set years ago and ever since then it''s been a no question for me, until I flirted with yours!

I''ve decided to leave it up to my boyfriend. I think he will lean twords the kirk kara, and I will be beyond happy with either, but my heart is kinda leaning to the e-w ec. If I do get it, a bezel like yours or hest''s sisters is going to be on my right hand must have list.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
One more thing I was thinking about and left out. I have short chubby fingers. I wear a size 7.5-8. I''m leaning heavily towards the e-w ec but will it make my fingers look fatter?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think both are lovely, but I prefer #2 - it seems more classic and better for everyday wear, to me.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I really like option 2 in all diamonds. That probably wasn''t much help, was it
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results