shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose? Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
I've narrowed it down to two diamonds:

Diamond #1:
-------------
.75ct
E VS2
$3429

Sarin report says:
Cutlet=.8%
Crown= 34.9
Pav = 40.6
Table=56%
Depth=61.4%

GIA Says:
Depth: 61.4%
Table: 57%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Culet: NN
Girdle: TH-MD
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.85x5.88x3.60

Why the difference in Cutlet? It affects the HCA greatly w/ 0 cutlet HCA=.4 w/ .8 HCA=.9?

Diamond #2
----------

AGS Report = http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/viewcert.cfm?seller=roee&item=1400247

.755ct
F VS1
$3,553

Curious how accurate the AGS report is when it comes to cutlet since there was so much difference in the GIA & Sarin. Which is more accurate?

I guess these are minute differences and I just need to decide if I want E or F color.

Thanks for the time

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I would not worry about a .4 vs .9 HCA. You are within the "noise" of the measurement ability. Either is most excellent for an HCA.

On Sarin vs GIA. They probably both use a Sarin! Not sure which one was calibrated better that day. You have to go by the certificate one for assigning value as the certificate is official. But either could be more true to real physics.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The GIA stone looks very nice - use the angles not the % - then the culet is irrelevant. it is only there to calculate the angle from pav depth % where no angle is given.

What about the proportions of the AGS stone?

All labs use Sarin.

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help guys!

I re-ran the specs for each using the angles. Also forgot to mention they were both H&A's.

Stone #1
GIA
HCA=.7

Stone #2
AGS
HCA=.3
Here are the specs for this stone:
Depth=60.8%
Table=57%
Crown=34.3
Pav=40.3
5.87x5.90x3.58

I'm leaning towards the GIA right now mainly because of the color and its a bit cheaper....Like you guys said the difference in HCA is minimal....

Anyways more comments please ;-)

[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results