shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose and why? - need to decide today

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Which would you prefer and why?

1 is what I have but it's an H and I'm considering exchanging for 2 which is an E. Thoughts?

1;
1.34ct, H, VS1, blue nile sig ideal
GIA triple excellent
7.06x7.02x4.35
Depth: 67.8%
Table: 57%
35.5 CA/40.6 PA
med blue fluoro
very small culet
med to slightly thick faceted 3.5%

2:
1.30 ct, E, VS1, blue nile sig ideal
GIA triple excellent
7.03x7.04x4.32
Depth: 61.4%
Table: 57%
35 CA/40.8 PA
med blue fluoro
no culet
med. faceted 3.5%

_834.png

_835.png

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Going to the bank to wire funds in 3 hours if I'm upgrading to the E color. Please please help, plan to propose within the next two weeks!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
Does diamond #1 really have a Depth: 67.8% or is it 61.8? Specs don't really align with that depth IMO.

What's the price difference between E and H? It should be at least a couple thousand or 30% more. It really depends on the setting and color sensitive you are. But rest assured you'll being paying a fairly hefty premium for that color upgrade.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
61.8. Sorry.

$2500 difference.

Thank you!

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
What do the hearts and arrows look like to you?

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
If the hearts and arrows look good im going to upgrade to the E. Just need help deciding

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Here's the H... It arrived today

_1114.jpeg

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
The hearts cut is better on the E but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a better diamond. It might have more of the clustering effect around the inner shafts of the arrows which I personally don't like. I'm not really familiar with reading CGAL certs but it kinda looks like both have some slight leakage under the table, a bit moreso with the H. BN might constitute these as their Sig Ideal cut but compared to some other Super Ideals they don't quite match up.

Also med fluor in an E usually isn't preferred so that could slightly effect the (resale) value.

If I were given these two and asked to pick with no regards to the price then I would pick the E. Better color and slightly better cut.

In reality the light performance is likely minimal and so it becomes an issue of whether you prefer the E color over the H and whether that price premium is worth the trade off.

*edit* So you've already ordered and received the H. Do you find the color to be white enough? It looks great so unless you find it too yellow I would just stick with it.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
The H is good but it's a little warm. Compared it to my sisters ring which is an F and could tell the difference surprisingly. I wasn't expecting to see a difference at all honestly but I could tell! Ordered the E and will be going through the exchange. Fingers crossed its here by New Years. They might not be as good as super ideal cuts ... But I needed to get stone and setting under 14k, and this just barely makes it. Stone was almost 13k, so I settled on a micropave band in white gold.

Thanks for your help!!

everstone

Rough_Rock
$2500 price difference for H to E for a stone that large seems worth it. Good job.

But talk about a sister rivalry, eeek.

qui499kyl

Shiny_Rock
Hahah I know it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results