shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would u choose?

stonednewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm currently looking for a diamond for an engagement ring and would like the opinion of the forummers here. Between these 2 diamonds, which would u choose?

1ct H VS1 vs 1.05 E SI1
Both diamonds score around 1.5 for HCA and are similarly well cut AGS0 diamonds. The SI1 has been confirmed by the Internet merchant to be eye clean. Both diamonds are similarly priced.

I'm leaning towards the H color but am a bit concerned on whether it would appear yellow-ish.

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on your personal preferences. If eye-clean I would go with the E, although I doubt you would find the H yellow. What about a G VS2?

stonednewbie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, there are no G VS2 or F VS2 which I liked and are within my budget.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the H VS1 because I prefer clarity over color and, if the stone is very good cut, you can't see any yellow.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
and I would go for the E SI1 because I prefer color over clarity :) it really just depends. The H will not look 'yellow' but will not look 'icy white' like the E. I think both will be great choices :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'll pick the E SI1 if it is eye clean.

stonednewbie

Rough_Rock
One other thing to note is that the H has a table size of 57.5% while the E is 56%. Are these table sizes of any concern? Sorry if I seem to be splitting hairs.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice. I often recommend SI1 diamonds to people, but when it came to my own purchase, SI1 was not "mind-clean" for me. I ended up with an I/VVS2, which I love, but at times I wish I would have gone for higher color. Do you know what her preferences are? Maybe take her out shopping and see if she says anything about color vs. clarity? Is she an artist or for some other reason likely to be color-sensitive?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stonednewbie|1291166966|2783589 said:
One other thing to note is that the H has a table size of 57.5% while the E is 56%. Are these table sizes of any concern? Sorry if I seem to be splitting hairs.

none whatsoever :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think either choice is great. depends on what is a bigger issue for you. Do you care more about color or clarity? everyone has a preference. Maybe seeing different color stones in person will help you decide.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picture perfect.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
H VS1 is the one I would choose.

stonednewbie

Rough_Rock
Having just gone and surveyed some diamonds recently, I preferred the look of an E SI1 diamond. The colour difference seemed quite significant between the E and H, although it may not seem so to some. At 1ct, without a loupe, I found it difficult to see any sort of inclusions even when it's SI2 as long as the inclusions are not black. In addition, if it's well cut, the inclusions are even harder to see. Perhaps if it's a bigger diamond, the inclusions will be more apparent.

Alas, my gf preferred a "mind clean" diamond so I had to let this one go. My friend, however, has booked it. Guess I can check it out in person once he receives it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Seeing some diamonds in person can really put things into perspective. ;-)

sparkie

Rough_Rock
Would you consider this as a true H&A?

It's a very nice image no doubt.

hearts.jpg

MarkBroumand

Shiny_Rock
Trade
stonednewbie|1291428777|2786900 said:
Having just gone and surveyed some diamonds recently, I preferred the look of an E SI1 diamond.

Alas, my gf preferred a "mind clean" diamond so I had to let this one go. My friend, however, has booked it. Guess I can check it out in person once he receives it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Seeing some diamonds in person can really put things into perspective. ;-)

Definitely. It's good you got your g/f's perspective, for as you can see, it's all about clarity over color or vice versa for everyone. The good thing is that you know where you both stand and she's happy!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say borderline call.

You could ask WF to check that again. I remember recently one stone was bumped down to an ES grade because of the same issue, thus a cheaper stone.

sparkie

Rough_Rock
Actually I did speak with Bob regarding it. He told me it's a H&A and that 2 other gemologists had also verified it. In any event, it's very well cut and symmetrical diamond.. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results