shape
carat
color
clarity

Which will reflect light better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher or Cushion Cut?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Bump in hopes someone knowledgeable will reply.
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is no definite answer to this question as one can be more brilliant than the other depending upon the angles to which the stone is cut to and the arrangement of eachs minor facets. These fancy cut diamonds must be looked at on an individual stone by stone basis and stand or fall on their own merits.

Sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for but that is the truth.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Rhino's right. A top make in either cutting style will produce a dazzling stone.

The two looks are entirely different though. If you like the brilliance of a round, you'll probably be more attracted to the cushion cut. If you like the sophistication of an emerald cut, you probably be more attracted to the Asscher.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the bump PQ.

Rhino, I didn't know you replied to my post, this works out because NiceIce just referred me to you for info on Regents. I saw a regent on your site, I am interested in Regent info. Are there ideal specs I should be looking for in a Regent, I would like to check one out locally, how available are these? Would I find one in a mall? I'm not going to buy from a mall but with my work schedule those are pretty much the only jewlery stores open when I get out. Also, please PM me with a price for the G-VS2 1.04ct so I can get an idea of price for this cut stone. I wanted square but with max brilliance. I want flash and fire and all that stuff but not round.

Also, I would love to see pics of Regent rings. BTW, that gypsy setting ring recently posted is gorgeous. I hadn't seen one that I lked until that one. Another BTW, your site is really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results