shape
carat
color
clarity

which will be more appealing to the eye?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mwoo

Rough_Rock
not being one to really care if my diamond is "one carat" and not wanting to pay for what you can''t see, which of the following two do you think will look best?
-0.9 carat rb, I, VVS2, AGS, depth 60.9%, table 55%, ideal polish, ideal sym, 6.28x6.29x3.83
-1.0 carat rb, I, VS1, GIA, depth 62.3%, table 57%, excellent polish, excellent sym, thin to sl thick girdle,
6.43x6.51x4.03

mwoo

Rough_Rock
sorry for posting twice but my pc did something funky and so i sent it again by mistake

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might not like this conclusion, but there is no way to know, given these considerations:

#1)Clarity: VVS is not visually different from VS - the grades are differentiated by characteristics only visible under magnifictaion (10X is standard)

#2) Color - same

#3) Size: the 1cts is slighty bigger, for what I would be able to see. people say that 0.2mm diamter is just visible a difference, but this obviously translates into different areas for different diamond sizes. If set side by side, the size difference would sjow, if these would be placed alternatively on the hand, the size difference gets blurred away for me. No big deal.

#4) Cut: here's the GAP. With nothing known about the potential optics of these stones, no way to tell. One can be a dull glass chip and the other a small light-beeming wander. What more could I say? Does this matter to you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results