shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding band do you like best with my moval E Ring?

Which do you like best?

• Total voters

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the poor quality photos (and dirty ring). I got a bunch of cheapy CZ eternity bands to try on with my engagement ring, which do you like best? Or none? Or what modifications should I make? AE375580-1835-41A4-AD71-7C6CD64731B7.jpeg DEB711F8-A314-43F0-953F-00A3279F85A0.jpeg 22DFCC60-4B2E-43A2-A871-751A3173EA90.jpeg 215C26DF-F183-4E05-83E3-FABF62F4092D.jpeg 95B271E4-4D14-4BF8-AC7C-59D7B2F02D7B.jpeg F1BF3AFC-2997-44A3-85E0-4BF4C368CA4F.jpeg 402E01AC-4D8C-46EB-8F99-A191D6E85F84.jpeg

I like the thin pave ring with your ering best because I think it doesn’t compete with your ring and let’s the moval be the star! But if your budget allows I would get the N-S oval or radiant rings to wear on a different finger/hand (so the index of your wedding set hand or the ring finger of your other hand) as well, because they’re very pretty and have a great size/presence to them! I’m a fan of the rings on multiple fingers look. If you’re ever inclined to then really bling it up you can always wear them together on the same finger once in a while. But for the set itself, I think the thin pave looks best.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
I like the thin pave ring with your ering best because I think it doesn’t compete with your ring and let’s the moval be the star! But if your budget allows I would get the N-S oval or radiant rings to wear on a different finger/hand (so the index of your wedding set hand or the ring finger of your other hand) as well, because they’re very pretty and have a great size/presence to them! I’m a fan of the rings on multiple fingers look. If you’re ever inclined to then really bling it up you can always wear them together on the same finger once in a while. But for the set itself, I think the thin pave looks best.

I agree! I usually like as much bling as possible (I must have been a Vegas showgirl in another life), but your moval is stunning and I would wear it by itself or with a thin pave band. I like @AllAboardTheBlingTrain's suggestion to wear a complementary ring on your other hand or on the same hand, but a different finger. If you go that route, I would choose the oval cut as it calls back to your main ring. :)

Also... what is a moval? I know it is referring to your stone, but I have never seen the term 'moval' before. I am a newb.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I also prefer the thin pavé most (by far). I think it matches really beautifully and as @AllAboardTheBlingTrain says, there's no competition. The other one that I think is nice is the small round pavé with spacers.

I think all the others unfortunately don't work at all, but that's just my opinion and if one of them sings to you, then listen to that feeling!

Something I've learnt from the amazing people on here is it's really important that whatever band you use, it should be the same HEIGHT as the band you're trying to match it with. So a band will automatically look better if it's the same height as your beautiful engagement ring's shank. I think that's one of the reasons why the thin pavé band looks best to me.

Best of luck choosing!

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Something I've learnt from the amazing people on here is it's really important that whatever band you use, it should be the same HEIGHT as the band you're trying to match it with. So a band will automatically look better if it's the same height as your beautiful engagement ring's shank. I think that's one of the reasons why the thin pavé band looks best to me.

Best of luck choosing!

That is really good advice! It explains a lot - the pairings I have liked best with my own jewelry (mostly costume) have had similarly-sized bands, now that I think about it.

Emerald City

Shiny_Rock
Either no band or a thin pavé band gets my vote. The other options look out of balance to me, but your vote is the only one that actually counts!

@Emerald City - a moval is somewhere in between a marquise and an oval!

Oh, I see! Thank you :) That's a rather charming portmanteau!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Either the pave (although I'm not sure I like that one in particular) or the smallest rounds, next to last pic. I don't think that one is too showy either. But your moval should be the star...she does not need a lot of dressing up!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of all of those the only one I think goes is the thin pave. Of course that's just my opinion. It really sets off your gorgeous stone and doesn't take away the limelight from it like the others do.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one, it looks really balanced, some of the others are overpowering your lovely ERZ

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for the feedback! I agree, #1 and #6 do look the most balanced. Thank you!

My friend was telling me there is a new trend of wearing wedding bands as right hand rings, and wearing engagement rings alone on the left hand (or vice versa). Here’s a photo for reference (my friend’s rings). What do you all think about this? 0D8894B1-C3B9-42F3-885D-F6684DB2C753.jpeg

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the feedback! I agree, #1 and #6 do look the most balanced. Thank you!

My friend was telling me there is a new trend of wearing wedding bands as right hand rings, and wearing engagement rings alone on the left hand (or vice versa). Here’s a photo for reference (my friend’s rings). What do you all think about this? 0D8894B1-C3B9-42F3-885D-F6684DB2C753.jpeg

I think that’s a good way to get your anniversary band early ;-)

But my fave options are still 1 and 6.

And be aware if you do this option and wear the ering alone... somebody some day is going to ask you when the wedding is. Yep.

I like it! I think it allows you to have both rings shine by themselves. Eternities, especially channel set or square/rectangular cut eternities lend themselves really well to both standing alone (because of the presence/bling factor) and stacking with thin bands the way your friend has done because they allow for multiple rings to sit flush against each other. This kind of ties into my suggestion of getting one of these bigger eternities as a ring for a different hand or finger!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few bigger bands and tend to wear them on their own or stacked with other bands. They just overpower most erings IMO. I tend to wear thinner bands with my ering.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
East west ovals, but set like #6, floating, and MUCH smaller. But, that would be a pricey custom project.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the thin pave band. I adds to your beautiful diamond ring but doesn't take away from it.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
#1 is my first choice - I think it's absolute perfection with your moval, especially on your lovely slim fingers - and #6 is second. For the same reasons everyone else cited.

I love the recent move toward wearing engagement ring on one hand and wedding band on the other. I see so many gals get these magnificent engagement rings, but as soon as they try to pair them with a band, something is lost. I especially struggle with this, as I have really short, stubby fingers, so unless both rings are very thin and sit flush or with just a small gap, it's just too bulky and that utterly takes away from the beauty of both rings. I'm one of those with multiple "engagement" rings and bands in addition to my original ones, so I'm finding myself with some combinations that work together and others that need to be solo on each hand. I first noticed the trend with Kristin Bell - she has this gorgeous brown emerald-cut diamond with white melee framing each side of it that is rather low-set. After she and Dax Shepherd got married, she was photographed, like, once with a contoured wedding band with it, and I haven't seen the band since! She wears the engagement ring alone on her left hand daily, and then adds a diamond band on her right hand for red-carpet appearances and such. Since I noticed that, I've started noticing it elsewhere as well. Even in movies and TV shows set in the 50s and 60s, I see some married woman shown wearing just a single diamond ring on their left hand. It's probably not ever been as unusual as we tend to think.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No rules. Whatever floats your boat. Switch it up when you get bored.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I like your top picture the best. I love how it looks with your moval!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
#1 thin pave for sure! I looooove your e-ring!!!

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
I wear just my ering or my set split pretty often (though more often with the e-ring on the right then left). In larger cities in North America I think this is pretty common, less so elsewhere. A bunch of my friends do the same. No one notices or comments as it’s so common. I think it’s particular common if you have a larger eternity or partial eternity style as in your pics 2-5.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results