shape
carat
color
clarity

Which WB with my E-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone! So, I now have less than 3 months until the big day and I''ve narrowed down my WB search to two very similar styles. They are both 2mm or under and are eternity style.

They are both about the same cost. One is from my local jeweler...Solomon Bros, and the other is from Facets. I have seen and tried on the one from solomon bros and I like it a lot, it looks great with my e-ring. I have not tired on or seen the actual Facets one, but I hear great things about them. My fiance would prefer to buy from a local jeweler vs online, but the final decision is up to me.

My ring is a Simon G trellis, very similar to the Vatche x-prong.

Here is my e-ring

mels ering.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the ring from Solomon Bros. Its a bar set eternity. its about 2 mm and becuse the bar iand the stones are so small, the metal is not overwhelming. It looks nice with my e-ring. it has about 20 stones.

bar setting.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and here is the shared prong from facets. Its just under 2 mm and has 34 stones. I have not tried it on w/ my e-ring, but can imagine it looks lovely.

What do you think?

2mm facets eternity.JPG

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the look of the shared-prong, but that is totally personal preference. Is there a way you could try a similar shared-prong on in person to see if you like it better?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a slight leaning to the Facets one - good luck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the diamond quality - meaning color and clarity - the same in both rings?

If it were up to me and all things equal, I''d choose the one I had tried on and liked. I''m sure the Facets ring would be OK as well but I like knowing what the look will be on the hand.

The stones must be larger in the Solomons Brothers one as well so that would be a consideration.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shared prong also but it is just a matter of taste (sorry I''m not much help)...lets just say if I were getting
one of those it would be the shared prong (but the other is nice too!)

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think the shared prong would match up beautifully!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:34:38 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

If it were up to me and all things equal, I''d choose the one I had tried on and liked. I''m sure the Facets ring would be OK as well but I like knowing what the look will be on the hand.

The stones must be larger in the Solomons Brothers one as well so that would be a consideration.
Ditto, I''m also partial to the bar set - I think it''s a fun look. If you''ve tried on the one and love it - I''d go for it, or try to find a similar shared prong to try on first.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:34:38 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

From what I''ve gather, the solomon Bros is G-H SI and .57 ctw (an I think I counted 20 stones)
The Facets ring is F-G VVS-VS and .58ctw (and their site says 34 stones)
my e-ring in 1.05 G si1

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamonds from Facets are amazing and beautiful. They are very high color and clarity. Most other bands I have noticed lower the color to about a G-H
and sometimes clarity down to an SI 1. I like the style of the facets a little better.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:26:22 AM
Author: mintve
and here is the shared prong from facets. Its just under 2 mm and has 34 stones. I have not tried it on w/ my e-ring, but can imagine it looks lovely.

What do you think?
This one gets my vote.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course it entirely depends on your own preference. Whatever you love most should be the one you go with.

That said, I personally lean toward the bar set one, if for no other reason than that it''s a bit ''different'' (and I am definitely one for ''different!'').

They are both gorgeous, though, you really can''t go wrong. What are you leaning toward?

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
I love #2. Either will look beautiful with your e-ring.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for the Facets band. You won''t be disappointed with the quality!!!

kjt

Rough_Rock
I prefer the shared prong band.

Another thing you should consider is if you like the bands on its own if you are thinking about sometimes just wearing your WB without the ER. I did not think of that when I was getting my own WB and made the wrong choice.
Just a heads up :)

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
#2 +1

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
personally, I prefer the Facets band. It''s more classic and if you decided to buy other bands in the future for stacking, I think it''d look nicer. I don''t like the look of any metal on my rings but that''s just me.

I''ve heard nothing but great things about Facets. I did order a ring once and it was stolen through Fed Ex and they reimbursed me with no problem. They were a very good company to deal with. I would recommend them just from that experience!

Good luck!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. I''m sure you won''t have any issues that I had. There was a time when something really fishy was going on and rings were being stolen but I haven''t heard of one being stolen or lost in at least a couple years. Please don''t let that scare you!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the shared prong. The bar set has an 80''s look to it.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
I like the shared prong style, I like the way that feels delicate and "lacy".

The shared prong style is common and if you want to see something similar on your hand, I''m sure a local jeweler will be able to oblige.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I have too shared prong 1/2 tcw each band and they look so FAB with most solitaires!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I too love a shared prong look over the bar. Here''s a picture of when I had a princess in a trellis setting with a shared prong band. They looked lovely together. The shared prong is a timeless classic IMHO.

mmpshprong.jpg

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I like the shared prong.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shared prong definitely! I feel like it''s a more classic and versatile style, and will look gorgeous with your e-ring!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the Facets one!
Your ering is really lovely by the way! I saw a similar (if not same) Simon G trellis at my jewelers and thought it was a really stunning elegant setting!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like a full eternity. Does your local shop have one like the Facets one to compare and try on?

For me I would be worried that down the track I might get sick of the bars even though in the beginning I found them interesting and cute. I go from love to hate very quick.
11.gif

Im very fickle and have learnt to try to go with classical for expensive things.....less risk of buyers remourse!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results