shape
carat
color
clarity

which way do you think this pendant could be worn? e/w?

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
So I've been looking at this pendant (not this one exactly with the rubies - just its mounting) from jewelryhoo. I've asked them which way it can be worn but I think my question is getting lost in translation. So I'm asking for your opinions. I see the bale at the top which would hang it n/s. But if you look at the pic of the back of the pendant - do you think it could also sort of thread on a chain and be worn e/w? That's the way I'd like to wear it but I'm not sure if it will work. :confused: What do you think? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-14k-W...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item3f1a828e35

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
COOL!!! I see what you mean about the back of it, the 2 loops behind the centre ruby - but I wonder if there is enough space on the 1 loop, to be able to thread a chain thru there?

If yes- then it would TOTALLY be amazing worn E/W - but it may sit more NW/SE depending on how the chain slides thru - would you be ok with that?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's a neat pendant. I think it would hang better e/w if you could get them, or somebody else, to put a ring on the outside backs of the 2 end bezels so you could thread a chain through them; otherwise it might not hang straight & even if it's only a little off, it would drive you crazy.

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
jbkhere|1344193298|3246418 said:
Here's another look. This vendor is changxingjewelry but I think they are the same as jewelryhoo.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-stone-SOL...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item416913383e

It looks to me like that "bottom" end the chain could also go thru. But I'm not sure about the other end. Its making me dizzy :loopy:

I think I see what you mean -- run a chain along the two loops of the centre stone which is the left side of the vertical (N /S) orientation.... :???: KWIM?! Yeah it is confusing, but it just may be do-able.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no advice, but wanted to say that I love it as its so different than the usual stuff the ebay vendors have. It would look fabulous E/W as long as it didn't hang lopsided :cheeky:

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies! Yeah, I'm worried it would be lopsided and that WOULD drive me crazy! Thanks for the idea JF - I wouldn't have thought to have someone put some rings on the back to make it work! I've been thinking about a three stone necklace but haven't had much luck finding a mounting. This is about the closest I've come....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is likely meant to be worn hanging from the bale at the top nearest to the smallest stone. Attempting to loop it sideways will net you a lopsided pendant that is prone to flipping due to the uneven weight distribution and location of where it hangs.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really think this is one cool setting and if you can get them to make a modification for you, jbk, that would make it perfect! At least from the factory standpoint, they'll be able to create it so it is balanced and won't be off-kilter. That would bug me too. I'd always be trying to adjust it and if it was never possible, I'd probably stop wearing it and then resent that I wasted money!

What stones would you like to put in there??

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
If only I could draw! I could send them a picture of what I'm asking for :errrr: I started looking for a 3 stone halo ring mount for some tanzis I have. I'd do it in rose gold (ring or pendant) but I don't want to get it unless I know for sure they understand what I'm looking for. So I think I may end up with a ring......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results