shape
carat
color
clarity

Which watch would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mindchanger

Rough_Rock
I am down to two choices. Two totally different looks and I am leaning towards one but can't pull the trigger. They are reasonably similar in price What one would you pick? and why?

They are both solid 18K white gold with diamonds.

Option 1

concord 0311074.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
When are you planning to wear it? They are both beautiful, but #1 seems dressy to me, while #2 seems like more of an everyday watch.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1 is more feminine and yes, dressier. 2) is more substantial and more casual. Depends on what you plan to wear it with. I love 1 and if I had an everydsy watch... 1 would be my choice for a dressier watch.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second one. It''s classic and elegant. The first one is very nice but too dressy for everyday wear IMHO.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Number 2, classic and goes with most things.

Scintillating...

mindchanger

Rough_Rock
I really want this to be an everyday watch. While I have one nice one already I am ready for a change. The second option is closer (but nicer) than my current watch. The first option is so beautiful but I rarely get dressed up so would need to wear it casual too. In person, it is fairly understated. In some ways, it is more subtle than option 2 but definitely dressier.

The responses seem overwhelmingly #2. Hmmm, that wasn''t the way I was leaning. Thanks for everyone''s honesty.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I vote for #1!!! I love it! (Who's is it, anyway?)

I think of it as more feminine than #2, but subdued enough to be worn everyday...I really love it! (Oops, guess I already said that....)

widget

ETA: The only thing that would be a problem for me with #1 is that the elongated shape and short hands make it harder to tell what exact time it is...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #1 a lot but it seems a bit *much* for everyday wear. The specific aspect that puts it over the top for me are the little diamonds on the things that attach to the "stirrups." For some reason if you take those stones off but still have the diamonds on and around the face I'm OK with it for everday. (Who know's how Dee Jay's brain works... )

Or, is it an option to get it with only diamonds on the face and none around the bezel? That would be even better IMHO.

Otherwise I'd go with #2.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the deco-feel of number one but it seems a bit, um, mature. And quite "pointed" for everyday comfort, not catching on things etc.

#2 is almost exactly like my own watch in shape (sans gold & diamonds - darn it) & I''ve had it for 9 years ... still classic, still love it. Oddly more "youthful" to me too.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I like both but my vote goes to number #1. I say wear it everyday unless you are rough with your pieces.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1, dressy or not. Love it!!
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
#1. #2 looks slightly too masculine. Take away the diamonds and I would look normal wearing it.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
i love number 1 !!! that was the one i fell for when i saw them all.. then when read the responses, i saw what they meant, but then you said "i have one sort of like number two"

well number 1 is a lot more different, and would definitely be my pick! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with those who said that #1 is more dressy while #2 is more everyday. My everyday watch is similar to #2 except it has a round face. I suppose it depends on how dressed up you are in your daily life/job.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for #2. #1 can be everyday wear if it fits your style; I don''t think it''s dressier, just more feminine. I am just not into the feminine style watches. On the other hand, my mom would probably love #1; she has something similar without the diamonds.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
My watch looks almost exactly like #2, but I like #1 better. It''s just so elegant and feminine.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
They are both beautiful watches. I would go for no 1 for a dress watch and no. 2 for every day wear.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the second is more wearable, to be honest. the first looks like a very dressy vintage type watch, maybe too delicate for daily wear...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely vote for #2. It is SO much better for everyday use. It will stand up to wear better, and it''s still delicate and pretty.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2, but . . . dare I say it? I would get it without the diamonds. I like #2, but it doesn''t look like it would be comfortable for everyday wear. If you''re only looking for a dress watch for special occasions, then go w/#1. Which do you like better?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with #1. I love the elegant elongated face. #1 is more feminine. Although it would be a fabulous cocktail/dinner watch, it would also look great with a suit or other nicer clothing, but would be too much with jeans and a T-shirt.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Mindchanger - They are both very pretty but watch #1 definitely looks more delicate and dressy. Watch #2 is a Concord Veneto - it is available in a rectangular face if you like that look better. I have it in 18K yellow gold with diamonds with the rectangular face - it is much prettier in person than that picture shows. Did you see it with the rectangular face as well?

mindchanger

Rough_Rock
lvnut,
You are right that #2 is the veneto. It is actually the veneto mini. I have ridiculously small wrists so the mini works for me better. The regular veneto overwhelms me.
Sounds like you love your watch. I agree with you that the picture doesn''t do it justice. Still debating.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I vote #1 too. I agree that it looks more dressy than the 2nd. But not one said that a pair of jeans could not be sexy and dressy. I like how #1 looks.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Mindchanger - I do love my Veneto, but like you I have very small wrists. The watch I actually wear the most is my Ebel classic wave. It has a much smaller face and the band is thinner. Have you checked them out? The band is very comfortable and I literally wear it everywhere - working out, at the beach and out to dinner. Mine also has the diamond dial and bezel, but the diamonds are very small so it doesn''t look like too much during the day. Just a thought that might help you out!

mindchanger

Rough_Rock
lvnut: I checked it out. Very pretty. All I need is more choices!! Hmmm, I may need to just go watch shopping a few days and try on a ton. The ebel included.

I really do like the concords though.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is pretty, but it's also pretty "right now."

Know what I mean? It will look dated in a few years. The other one is a classic and will always look expensive & elegant. It also looks more "real" and substantial... like a Cartier tank.

Right now, I think you'd be happier with #1 but a year later you may be tired of it and long for the classic!

30.gif

Oh! I forgot to add -- maybe you COULD get #1 and when you tire of it, put on a thin croc band. That would keep it timeless, too.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely would choose #1. Before I read some of the responses, I didn't even think of which was dressier. I just thought #1 was more feminine and much prettier, but I suppose I have a tendency toward more dressy things anyway. And I'm somewhat clueless about fashion; I'd probably have gone ahead and worn it with denim.

Also, you said, "In person, it is fairly understated. In some ways, it is more subtle than option 2." So to me it sounds like it wouldn't be a problem (i.e. wouldn't necessarily look "too dressy"). Also, I must admit when I have done polls on here, I too find myself leaning (sometimes not until after I start the poll or ask the question) one way or another. To me, that often is the answer regardless of the feedback, unless the feedback gives a compelling reason why not, like "option [that I like] is ugly." But that's not the case here, so I think, if you really like #1, and you already have one something like option #2, go with your heart and get #1. Just like folks often say about the "what will people think of my e-ring?" type questions, but even more so with a watch - people may not even notice your watch. I can't say I ever find myself saying, "that person's watch is way too dressy for the jeans and t-shirt they're wearing!"
2.gif
Most likely if I noticed it at all, I'd find myself thinking, "that's a pretty watch!"

ETA: I personally don't see anything potentially dated about it ("now") but as I said I am somewhat clueless about fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results