shape
carat
color
clarity

which watch do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need your opinions, please, on the following watches. Last year, my husband bought himself a Tag Heuer Link watch and he has been very happy with it. I''ve always worn Seikos or Citizens but I''m ready for a watch upgrade now. DH promised me a nice Valentine''s gift this year in exchange for me letting him take a lot of boy trips this year. So we''re going to our jeweler tonight to have a charm put on my charm bracelet and to look at watches
face23.gif
. Which of the following styles do you like?

6000 black face.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

6000 MP face.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aquaracer.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOPS

blue face.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2 because with the white face you could wear it with anything.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
#1 because I own it with the blue face but I think it looks fabulous with the grey face too!
My sister just upgraded her watch with the new women''s aqua racer with a diamond bezel (f/g vvs1)and MOP face. It retails for about $2800 ???- it''s beautiful. (TAG Heuer Aquaracer WAF1416.BA0813)
Lisa

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaC, I love the diamond bezel on the aquaracer. Is the $2,800 the msrp price or is that what she paid for it? When my husband bought his Tag our jeweler knocked about 30% off the retail--we''re hoping for the same deal for me.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Love your new avatar!
My sister lives in the UK and I forget how much she paid but she did get a discount for paying cash. OK I just called and she said 1500 pounds.
Looking on the web unauthorized sellers offer it for about $2000 with $2800 being msrp so hopefully that means that your jeweler will be willing to give you a fabulous deal!
Lisa
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, Lisa. I may have to go without the diamond bezel, though... hubby's budget is $1200, which he says is non-negotiable. We shall see...our jeweler does have a way of talking him into things
emwink.gif

ETA: i found the new avatar at beyondavatars.com. They have tons of cute ones!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen the Aqua racer with either blue or pink MOP dial and diamond markers with a quartz movement? It retails for $1595.
Watchesonnet.com discounts it 33% for $1069.95.
If your jeweler will match or discount 30% then it could be a possibility...WAF141A.BA0813
Lisa
1.gif

then again the quartz version of the one I have now retails for $1995- but we got my m-in-law to get it at the Marine exchange a few years back. We got it for a little over $1300??? because there was a slight scratch on the clasp but hey I easily made a couple more just hitting a counter!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I believe I have seen that version of the aqua with the diamond markers. Sounds like a possibility!

Your comment about scratching/denting brings me to another question: I''ve noticed that my husband''s band and bezel now bear a few "marks" on the bracelet and bezel (he has the link style with rigid bezel) and I''m wondering if S/S can be polished to get those scratches and dents out? It''s not that big of a deal, and I know it will just happen again, but I''m curious.

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
yep it''s possible. I googled ''buffing stainless steel watch'' http://www.timezone.com/article.aspx?id=wwatchfaq&articleId=wwatchfaq631668591017665598
Mechanical Watch FAQ - TimeZone
but with a brushed finish( which my clasp is) it just isn''t worth it. I wonder if the nonabrasive polish used on stainless steel appliances could be used? I don''t see why not.
I personally don''t mind the scratches -now if it were my rings- that''s a different story!
23.gif

Lisa

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting...thanks for the research Lisa! I haven''t seen any of the ladies'' Tags in person. My husband''s Link is polished, not brushed, maybe that''s why the scratches are so visible. I rubbed his bracelet and bezel down with a dry jewelry wipe (read: disposable polishing cloth) the other night and it made them even more noticeable because the metal was so shiny after I polished it! I doubt if it would really bother me personally...my rings are plat. and after two years are obviously full of dings and scratches, but no one else examines them as closely as I do so I don''t worry about it too much.

So it sounds as if you and your family members are pretty big Tag fans...has anyone had any negative experiences concerning quality? DH hasn''t had any yet this year, but it''s not his "everyday" watch...he only wears it on average twice a week probably. Has anyone had any positive experiences that stand out in your mind, for that matter? I really appreciate your comments, and they have been so timely as well!
face1.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
My sister got hers first 10years ago. She got the quartz movement two tone. She found that over time moisture was getting behind onto the watch face and so she sent it to be serviced ( she too got hers at the marine exchange San Diego while visiting and there was no question it was authentic) and it was promptly repaired. Wasn''t as expensive as sending a rolex in and she was pleased with the results. We think the problem with the seal was just a fluke... This past Christmas she got the Aqua Racer for herself and loves it.
I got mine as a Christmas present a few years back but I wanted the automatic movement with the blue face as I''m a jeans girl. Like the rolex it does lose time but I don''t really care. The quartz version does not. I used to wear mine everyday but with a nursing 9mth old sometimes I don''t as his head rests on it poor thing. So far I''ve had no problems with it.
I guess we chose Tags cause we liked the look and it fit the budget- my parents wear two tone rolex. My mom wears the midsize and hey if someone were to say wouldya like a rolex? my sisters and I certainly wouldn''t say no! My husband has one but chooses to wear an old seiko diver''s watch on a rubbber strap as the metal links pull on his hair- for an asian dude he has hairy wrists...
9.gif
so it''ll be the middle son''s.
Hope this helps.
Lisa
1.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
#2. I have to say I love Tag Heuer watches more than I love diamonds. I have the same watch but in steel and 18K gold. I have it in gold face. That face in #2 goes very well with the color of the bracelet.

That bracelet was voted world's 3rd best looking off all time by a prestige watch magazine. I love that watch. Only negative thing about that watch is it's quite heavy. I also own #3 (the older version called 2000 series) and it's a classic. I also have #4 (the older version called SE) and it's very comfortable as the curve links fits like a glove and it's light.

I have 5 Tag watches and I love them all. My fav is my 2000 series but if this is your first Tag, I'll say go for #2. It's very unique and not too many people have it. It's not something that you see everyday. I have only seen 5 people wearing that series since it came out about 10 years ago.

Let me know what you decide on. You can't go wrong with anyone as well.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of like No. 4. I like the blue face and the watch seems a bit dressier than the others...but still not too dressy.

For whatever that''s worth!!

-Melissa

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your input!
face23.gif
When we went to the jewelers last night, unfortunately they were a little busy and we were super hungry so we didn''t stay to look at watches!
emcry.gif
I know they are authorized Tag dealers so we can always order whatever from them, but I was SO anxious to try them on! What I''m looking for in a watch is something between dressy and sporty, definitely heavy, possibly with diamond bezel or markers at least, and with a larger band than the typical ladies dress watch. I am dying now that I didn''t get to try any on! Does anyone have any wrist pics they would be willing to post to give me some idea of what they look like on? I realize this is a lot to ask, but I''m just hoping some watch enthusiasts will pop up this weekend! LOL!

Lisa, thanks again for your comments, they were very helpful. I do like #2 the best, I was just wondering if anyone liked the black face on the same model? Also, I like the link style on my husband, but I think it is a little too dressy for me. I want to be able to wear it everyday and with cocktail dresses when I travel with my husband for business purposes. What do you all think? Can I get away with #2 for those reasons?

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi Monarch,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a chance to try on the Tag watches.

From your most recent post, I would say go for #2. The white face is fresh and that watch is definately a heavier and substantial watch compared to the 2000 and link series. Here is a pic of 4 out of my 5 Tag watches. Sorry I don''t have a good digital camera and I hope the picture will give you a better idea of the size, and color of all the different faces.

IMG_4119.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of the 6000 series on my wrist. It''s in steel and 18k solid gold. Gold face. Please note that I have a very small wrist. I love my 3.5 wedding ring size but hate my small wrist. I can''t wear any big watches becuase of that.

IMG_4115.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Side profile of the bracelet. I love this bracelet. Something you don''t see everyday.

IMG_4120.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
2000 series I got 12 years ago. In silver face. This is my favourate watch. The silver face blends in so well with the bracelet. I believe they have the 6000 series in silver face (they didn''t have it when I bought it 11 years ago) and they came out with silver face a few years later and it''s amazing. I also believe they only make the silver face in automatic which costs more than the quartz. If you like the silver face, you may want to check with your jeweler and see if they now have the silver face in quartz.

IMG_4117.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
This is the SE I got 11 years ago. This is the older version of the link series. The major change is on the design of the bezel. In grey face. Tag makes this watch in extra small and I bought it cuase I have a tiny wrist. The grey face gives it a very sharp look but I think it does not look that good on a more formal dress/occasion.

IMG_4118.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
This is the 4000 series I got 10 years ago. This series has been discontinued. White face. Love the clean look. 4000 series is a more sporty design. The white face is very sleek and clean. I think you should consider the 6000 series in white face based on your requirements. But try to see if you can take a look at a silver face in person. Many stores carry Tag watches and you should take a look and try them on before you go back to your jeweler with your final decision. The look on paper and on your wrist is a different thing. I didn''t like anything with gold face in the beginning but when I decided that I was going to get the 6000 series in steel and gold bracelet (since I didn''t have a 2 tone watch), I wanted to go with the white face at that time without trying on the one in gold face. Just before I bought that watch, I saw a woman wearing the steel and 18k gold in gold face and it looked amazing. That''s when I decided that I want it in gold face.

But I have seen a woman wearing the 6000 series in white face like the #2 and it looked stunning. My DH has a 6000 series in 2 tone and white face. I will try to take a pic of it maybe tonight. Sorry have to go now as I have to meet a friend for lunch. Hope my posts are not going to confuse you more.

IMG_4116.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I have some time now as lunch has been posponed. Here is my Formula 1 in black face. I find that black is boring. I got this one in black becuase it goes well with the black plastic band. I think white, grey and silver faces are best for steel bracelets.They do make the watch stands out. As for blue face, they are nice but it's hard to wear that color. You can't wear a blue face watch with a pick dress...you know what I mean.

IMG_4136.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Able to sneak DH''s 6000 series in white face. His watch has a 2 tone bracelet but I hope it gives you an idea. DH thinks that I am crazy by taking all these pics and posting. What can I say....I love my Tags. DH just told me that I should keep my hands off his other Tags. LOL

IMG_4137.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Jewels! You have an awesome watch collection! Those are all gorgeous, and I especially like the two tone! I think #2 is probably what I lean toward the most out of the ones I posted. Thank you so much for posting all of those, and for all the info you provided! Very helpful indeed.
emteeth.gif
I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard now!!!
30.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch here is a picture of mine- I took 2 links out. Sounds like you''ve decided on the white face which I think is a classic and will go either way- casual or dressy. I also think the charcoal face is quite distinguished and just a little more unusual. Hopefully you get to try a few on and see how you like them on. I guess I don''t notice the weight of the watch or perhaps I am not as delicate as Jewels. Maybe like my platinum rings I have gotten used to it.
You may just decide on that Aqua with the diamonds after all.
Lisa

IMG_0078.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, I LOVE your watch! It is so beautiful on your wrist! I love the size, and I normally have to take just a couple of links out of watches as well, so this gives me a good idea of how it would look on me. Now that I''ve seen your blue face I am teeter-tottering between that and the white face! This is not going to be an easy decision, but I have plenty of time...the watch is an IOU gift from my husband for all the trips he''s taken without me over the past year! LOL! He went to Canada for 10 days with the boys this summer (no phone contact at all...they were out in the wilderness getting in touch with their inner maleness and honing their fishing skills), and this March he is going to Vegas for 4 days with the guys for the college basketball tournament, not to mention all his football weekends--he has season tickets for the Bears, so five months out of our lives are consumed by football! Don''t get me wrong, we take our fair share of vacations together, but REALLY! I think I deserve a little something for having so much patience!
face23.gif
emlove.gif

Anyway, we are shooting for Valentine''s day for making this purchase, so there is plenty of time for me to decide. Maybe too much time, I will probably end up going back and forth and getting all sorts of indecisive about this! LOL!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monarch! It looks really humongous on Jewels but a good size on me. (Wouldn''t I love a size 3 and 1/2 finger! alas I have hands like my mother...)
Hmm with all those trips with the boys you definitely deserve a little sumthin'' sumthin''
31.gif

You''ll have to post a picture when you decide upon a model for your Valentine''s Day present!
1.gif

Have fun choosing,
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results