shape
carat
color
clarity

Which vintage style diamond would you choose for this wedding set?

OEC or Transitional?

• OEC

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Transitional

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
I actually purchased an ideal RBC but started to think I'd rather go vintage. I can still return for another couple weeks.. What vibe does my set give you? Max CW this can be with modification would be equivalent to 0.6.
20210213_143422.jpg

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
These are two I keep coming back to...
Screenshot_20210307-221933_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20210307-221905_eBay.jpg

Personally, I like the cutting of the stone in the last picture more. I do agree that an old cut stone would look great with that set! But the MRB doesn't look too shabby either. Sorry I'm not help! I love all shinies.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second diamond too! I agree with @AnastasiaBeaverhausen, the RB looks pretty too. I guess I'm not much help either LOL! But I do really like the faceting of the second stone, if you want an old cut I think that one would work really well.

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
Still waiting on videos of both, but I think I'm leaning towards the 2nd as well. I'm so indecisive I need a push

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
I ended up chosing the transitional. Although the OEC had a beautiful pattern I feel the diamond was too small to really see the small detail. Not a great video, smudges and under plastic but look at the chunky fire!

Now I'll just have to buy a bigger OEC ;-)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think your choices were win/win! Enjoy the reset. It will be beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally get your reasoning! Really pretty stone, please come back with pics!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
I ended up chosing the transitional. Although the OEC had a beautiful pattern I feel the diamond was too small to really see the small detail. Not a great video, smudges and under plastic but look at the chunky fire!

What are the specs on this stone? It is amazing?

DanerBananer

Rough_Rock
What are the specs on this stone? It is amazing?

No idea! It was ungraded and I decided against grading since it's small. I'll ask the gemologist when I go into my jewler to have it set. Here's the basic...

.49 G color
SI1
5.18-5.09mm

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

So excited for you! I think the chunky fire will be just gorgeous juxtaposed with the fine millegrain detailing of your set

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results