shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Victorian Cluster Ring??

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys - this quarantine has been dangerous for me, as I’m clearly treating it as a “buy new jewelry” free-for-all...

I’ve really been wanting an original Victorian cluster ring, and there are two I’m currently deciding between. One has a 2ct L center and the other a 1.26ct E.

Here’s a video of both together. I love the chunk of the big guy, but I also love the low profile of the smaller one. The smaller one is a lot whiter, but I’m thinking that doesn’t necessarily matter in a ring like this. I’ll likely wear as a RHR.

What are your thoughts? Both are truly dynamite!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions of the top ring better than the bottom so that's the one I would go for. You're the one wearing it though so which do you prefer? That's what really matters ;)2

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I like the proportions of the top ring better than the bottom so that's the one I would go for. You're the one wearing it though so which do you prefer? That's what really matters ;)2

You mean I can't have them both?? That was the answer I was looking for. :lol:

I probably lean a little bit more toward the big one - it's the first one I saw and it's pretty amazing. The other one is very special too though, and I don't have any stones that white right now. Perhaps an antique ring isn't where that attribute is needed though...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You mean I can't have them both?? That was the answer I was looking for. :lol:

I probably lean a little bit more toward the big one - it's the first one I saw and it's pretty amazing. The other one is very special too though, and I don't have any stones that white right now. Perhaps an antique ring isn't where that attribute is needed though...

Ha, so that is exactly what I was going to say...then I didn't because I thought it would be no help at all.
The beauty being equal really, the smaller has a little bit more sparkle factor in the video, is this true to your eye?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your own words one is "pretty amazing" and the other is "very special too". If it has to be just one then amazing wins every time! If both is an option then I change my vote :Up_to_something:

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
In your own words one is "pretty amazing" and the other is "very special too". If it has to be just one then amazing wins every time! If both is an option then I change my vote :Up_to_something:

Haha!! Good point...but now you have me wondering if I ever use this language to describe my children?!? :oops2::lol:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the top one. The proportions are more pleasing to my eye.
I think it’s because I tend to choose rings that gives the most finger coverage. The blinding sparkle ain’t so bad either! :kiss2: :D :kiss2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@twosanguinehearts I vote for the top ring. They are both nice. But I vote for the top one. It has very pleasing proportions, flashes are more eye catching and its presence is sublime!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the top one. I love vanilla colored chunky old cuts and the proportions of the ring look more pleasing and I guess I'd call it "seamless", like the halo & center enhance each other.

I prefer the top one! Echoing everyone else here, lol. I also think that antique styles and yellow gold need warmer stones, not bright icy white. I would save the bright icy white stone for a more modern setting.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all over body color or finger coverage isn’t a immediate deciding factor -
For me - it’s be down to small details I get to gaze at while it’s in my finger that casual observers wouldn’t ever notice.
how interesting I found the facet pattern of the centers
What personalities the individual cluster stones have
Does either setting have a design feature on shoulder or gallery more charming than the other
Does either need prong rehab work

I can’t see the video very well, but it looks to be two great choices to choose from.
can’t wait to see more pictures after your choice. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the video several times, on the phone minimised as well as full screen, and also full screen on the laptop, and came to the same conclusion - I prefer the look of the bottom one!!!

It just looks more pleasing to my eyes - the smaller stones emphasise the largeness of centre stone; whereas the opposite is true for the one at the top, IMHO.

DK :))

EC8

Shiny_Rock
First, I don’t think you can go wrong with either, both are lovely.
Having said that, I prefer the bottom one; I concur with @dk168 regarding halo to center stone ratio, I like the more delicate setting and lastly, based on what I see in the video it appears that the halo stones are a closer color match to the center vs. the top ring.
Also, @Rfisher raised really good points to consider.
Good luck with your decision, hope to see more pictures!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are both so pretty, you can't go wrong with either one. I keep being drawn to the bottom one...there is a delicate look to it that I'm attracted to. And I just like the proportions and setting. The top one will provide more finger coverage though, if that is something you're looking for. This is a tough one!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
You have a difficult choice between two beautiful rings, each special in their own way. My vote is for the top one!
I love the larger size and warmth of the main stone and of course all the delicious omc chunkyness. I also love the more substantial and visible gold band and how it plays against the side stones. The gallery detail looks beautiful as well on that ring as far as I can see. Hard to compare those features from the video, but that’s my impression. Good luck and can’t wait to see your final choice!

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
So, so pretty! Love the facet pattern of the main stone and the way the gold scallops around it. Hope you love it when you have it in hand!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love it-gorgeous!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Attachments

• 20200907_114419.jpg
    20200907_114419.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200831_152611.jpg
    20200831_152611.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 26

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a beauty!

Last edited:

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I have something similar and I love it. That ring is stunning!

Oooo yes!! Your ring is beautiful and definitely a similar style! I was looking for a very specific type of antique cluster and I do believe I’ve found the one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results