shape
carat
color
clarity

Which vendor can make this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
I found an estate ring online that I really like. However, the price is a bit too steep for our budget. Which vendor on PS would you suggest I contact in order to find out if they can re-create the setting if we purchase the center stone on PriceScope?

Or, if someone knows of a similar setting that is already available for purchase, any guidance would be welcome.

1st picture of ring:

FaveRing1.jpg

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
2nd pic, side view (the ring has an asking price of $5,900 which is a reflection, I believe, of its having a 1.09ct center stone -- we are looking for a center stone between .50-.70ct)

FaveRing3.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
What sort of budget are you looking at for the setting? And what metal?

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
The budget is $3500 for the setting + center stone. I have a feeling this setting is probably out of our price range, even if it''s made with white gold. I have a 4-prong solitaire ring that''s platinum, and has no center stone. I thought of possibly giving this to the jeweler to help cut down on the costs, eg the jeweler could melt down the platinum and use it to cast the setting. Not sure how realistic this idea truly is, though.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think you could be in trouble with the budget. Are you willing to spend more on the setting than you do on the diamond? Most people prefer to put the majority of their money into the stone.

Melting down your setting is probably not reasonable to use in this setting. I have read that often that does not work because the platinum does not stay pure.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Have you seen the Vatche halos? They don''t have anything Deco, though.

It''s definitely possible, but you don''t have much room to move.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsS! That''s a great find, great price!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW YOU GUYS ARE **GOOD**!!!

Curly, snap those up. You''ll never find anything better or closer within budget!!!! SERIOUSLY!

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
You ladies are so awesome! This site truly is filled with helpful people.

One quick question for you bling experts -- if I purchase the Beverly K setting in white gold, do I have to concern myself with whether or not re-plating the ring is going to be difficult, due to the complicated/intricate setting? Not sure if this is a valid worry, so I thought I''d ask.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask Bill Pearlman about that, honestly. And I would place that diamond on hold, if you like it, before someone else snatches it up.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with asking Bill about the setting but as far as I know, re-plating doesn''t hurt the diamonds at all. I also agree with gypsy that if you like that diamond you might want to reserve it b/c folks seem to grab things that are posted pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results