shape
carat
color
clarity

Which style eternity band looks better?

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

im trying to narrow down all the details of my eternity band. which style do you think looks better? pic one where prongs are a little closer in and shows more roundness to the stone? or pic two where the prongs are placed at top and bottom of diamonds?

pic 4.jpg Pic 1.jpg

also another detail im deciding on is doing a u-prong or gallery style. in person I did like the u-prong better, just wonder about the safety of it. and comfort. it did look like u prong could be set pretty low though as well. im attaching uprong pic and a gallery style I found on here. any thoughts on this part as well?

pic 7.jpg pic 6.PNG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the look of the prongs closer together to accentuate the 'scalloped' look of the round stones. I'm also a huge fan of the look of u-prong settings. They both look amazing on you!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For rounds I prefer the closer prongs and U setting.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I much prefer the look of the prongs closer together to accentuate the 'scalloped' look of the round stones. I'm also a huge fan of the look of u-prong settings. They both look amazing on you!

thank u. im so confused on this. I initially have liked the setting with prongs further apart. but now i'm second guessing and wondering if I like the other look better. this is why I can rush my process and purchase!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Just visually speaking, I prefer the first picture from the side, the one that looks like u scallops. The other ring, from the side, I can see all the prongs. I don't know if you will be pairing with a solitaire or not. If so consider if it is a bezel, or 4 prong, or 6 prong. If it is a 6 prong and you go with the second one, that's a lot of prongs going on. Which is cool if you like that look, just something too consider.

I remember reading a thread where a lady (sorry, don't remember who) had one that was the second style, where they sit in baskets, and she said it was a pain to clean. Hopefully someone who owns one will chime in. They are both beautiful though!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love the scalloped look and the u prong setting is beautiful but I would want to make sure that it is comfortable between the fingers.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I too love the scalloped look and the u prong setting is beautiful but I would want to make sure that it is comfortable between the fingers.

Sorry guys for my unsophistication but which one is considered the scalloped look, where you are the roundness or the stones more? Or less?

I did try on the u-prong on in only one size higher than my own finger size and it seemed pretty low profile but I guess it’s hard to link till I’d be actually wearing it in my size.

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
Just visually speaking, I prefer the first picture from the side, the one that looks like u scallops. The other ring, from the side, I can see all the prongs. I don't know if you will be pairing with a solitaire or not. If so consider if it is a bezel, or 4 prong, or 6 prong. If it is a 6 prong and you go with the second one, that's a lot of prongs going on. Which is cool if you like that look, just something too consider.

I remember reading a thread where a lady (sorry, don't remember who) had one that was the second style, where they sit in baskets, and she said it was a pain to clean. Hopefully someone who owns one will chime in. They are both beautiful though!

Yes I know which thread you are talking about it. I saw it when searching eternity band threads. This is what got me considering a gallery style setting. But weirdly when I tried on both styles the U seemed to sit lower. So seemed manageable. Guess it’s hard to tell!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a basket setting, & haven't found it to be difficult to clean. The U prong setting is concerning--those girdles are quite exposed & one good whack could do some damage. Bob Hoskins at WF who helped me on that purchase also advocated for the basket over the u-prong setting. You didn't mention a spacing bar at the back, & I would definitely think about getting one. My basket setting is set low, but the ring does feel 'different' if I haven't worn it in a while, but it only takes a few hours to get used to it again. Good luck with your decisions!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

im trying to narrow down all the details of my eternity band. which style do you think looks better? pic one where prongs are a little closer in and shows more roundness to the stone? or pic two where the prongs are placed at top and bottom of diamonds?

pic 4.jpg Pic 1.jpg

also another detail im deciding on is doing a u-prong or gallery style. in person I did like the u-prong better, just wonder about the safety of it. and comfort. it did look like u prong could be set pretty low though as well. im attaching uprong pic and a gallery style I found on here. any thoughts on this part as well?

pic 7.jpg pic 6.PNG
beautiful rings but i hope they dont hurt you
one looks like its digging into the next finger ?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the style where the prongs are closer together to accentuate the roundness of the stones. I have a gallery and u prong, and honestly I prefer the gallery because it allowed the jeweler to make sure the roundness of the stones was more visible on top (others are calling this "scalloped")

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry guys for my unsophistication but which one is considered the scalloped look, where you are the roundness or the stones more? Or less?

I did try on the u-prong on in only one size higher than my own finger size and it seemed pretty low profile but I guess it’s hard to link till I’d be actually wearing it in my size.

The first one where you definitely can see the roundness of the stones. Either way it will be beautiful!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
beautiful rings but i hope they dont hurt you
one looks like its digging into the next finger ?

These rings are samples at store and not my size so not really accurate as to how they will fit and look!

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
I much prefer the style where the prongs are closer together to accentuate the roundness of the stones. I have a gallery and u prong, and honestly I prefer the gallery because it allowed the jeweler to make sure the roundness of the stones was more visible on top (others are calling this "scalloped")

Ok got it! Is either one or the other more comfortable would you say? Or equal?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to seeing roundness of stones and doing u prong. The ring in my avatar is a u-prong and I really like it.

Are you comfortable with the stones between your fingers?

kimf79

Shiny_Rock
+1 to seeing roundness of stones and doing u prong. The ring in my avatar is a u-prong and I really like it.

Are you comfortable with the stones between your fingers?

ok thanks! I think I will do u-prong. I just liked the way it looked better. I think its something I wont really know exactly how it feels till I have a finished product. the stones will likely be .20 and the setting will be done as low as possible, so we will see! :)

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the way this thread evolved - and the advice given. Make sure to come back with pictures of the final product!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results