shape
carat
color
clarity

WHich stone would you choose?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is the same. A 2 + ct from Litnon, with declasse inclusions, $ 30.00. The photo in the darkness also shows that the sapphire in my ring performs quite well in almost total darkness.

declasse1.JPG

declasse2.JPG

declasse3.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These stones are:

The smaller one - a Namibian spessartite cut from the rough which I bought long, long ago, last autumn on Dana's website. It took him quite a while to cut it, and I do not think he even charged me for the cutting since he felt that the stone underperformed. This was not anything he offered me, I bought it, really, from his website, and he warned me that it would be impossible to predict how the stone would come out. Let Dana correct my math if he thinks he charged me.

The other one is Richard Homer's concave cut spessartite. It is not much larger than Dana's, the cut optically spreads it. Bought shortly before Tucson at Richard's prices.

fourstones.JPG

twonamib1.JPG

twospess1.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I would do? Since I never came across a stone comparable to what I have in my pendant? The one I got from Marc Sarosi. And since I was foolilsh enough not to buy other spessartites from Marc thinking that I could find something comparable at better prices?

Since all three stones are included, which is typical for Namibian material, but the one from Litnon is more saturated, I would have bought this stone alone, for $ 30.00, and sent it to Jerry Newman for a recut. I would have probably ended up with a similar, or a smaller stone, than the other two, and saved some money.

I do not regret purchasing Dana's rough, not at all. A very good investment for the money. I think I could make a nice pendant if I combine it with black star diopside or black spinel. It is here just as a reference point.

On a side note - Marc's stones are not cheap, but I would buy from him any day!

I do not know what is expensive these days, and what is cheap. I know that there is a price/quality coefficient, and it is very different.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1306641359|2932913 said:
I do not know what is expensive these days, and what is cheap. I know that there is a price/quality coefficient, and it is very different.

And that's why I'm glad there's this forum. Isn't that the truth!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results