color
clarity

Which stone should I choose?

Which one?

• square stone

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I am having a really hard time deciding which stone to choose. There is the pentagon shaped blue zircon which is 1.48 ct and approx. 6.5 mm. And there is the square blue zircon which is 1.09 ct. and approx. 5mm. Which do you like better? Pictures below.

ETA: I would actually turn the pentagon so one point was up and the chain came off of the two side points.

Square

square%20beaded%20pendant.jpg

Pentagon stone
halo%20pentagon%20zircon654165165.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ILS.....looks like great minds think alike
37.gif

I can''t decide which stone either! I love all the colors.....but I think I have pretty much decided that I want a round or octagon shape.....

Do you know who you plan to contact about doing the halo necklace???

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i voted for the square only because i don''t like how the octagon hangs on the chain. however, if the octagon was suspended on the chain so that one ''point'' was above the chain and the chain rain between the two below it, i''d go the octagon. make any sense?

movie zombie

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I really like the pentagon- I think it''s a great pendant shape!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 3:27:53 PM
Author: movie zombie
i voted for the square only because i don't like how the octagon hangs on the chain. however, if the octagon was suspended on the chain so that one 'point' was above the chain and the chain rain between the two below it, i'd go the octagon. make any sense?

movie zombie

I completely agree with you! Leonid did the photo shop for me and didn't have all the details of what I wanted and that is how he did it up. I would definitely have a point up and the chain coming off two side points! I am leaning towards the pentagon the only issue is money. If I did the pentagon I would have to wait a while before I could actually set it.

ETA: And I don't know if I want the beaded halo or the diamond halo. So many decisions!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ok I am the Pricesope dork! I printed out a pic of each stone in the correct size (it took a lot of tries) and taped them to my neck to see which I liked. Grar why is this so difficult to choose?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL, I dont think thats dorky at all!! Actually a great idea!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Eh, I like the square. It''s more classic to my eyes, but then I tend to prefer squarish shapes!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually prefer the pentagon. With that halo, stunning!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer the pentagon too. it''s just gorgeous..

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2006 4:32:25 PM
Author: ilovesparkles

i voted for the square only because i don''t like how the octagon hangs on the chain. however, if the octagon was suspended on the chain so that one ''point'' was above the chain and the chain rain between the two below it, i''d go the octagon. make any sense?

movie zombie

I completely agree with you! Leonid did the photo shop for me and didn''t have all the details of what I wanted and that is how he did it up. I would definitely have a point up and the chain coming off two side points! I am leaning towards the pentagon the only issue is money. If I did the pentagon I would have to wait a while before I could actually set it.

ETA: And I don''t know if I want the beaded halo or the diamond halo. So many decisions!
ok, my vote is back to the octagon!

diamond halo......and i''m not a fan of them! but i think on the octagon it will be absolutely stunning!

movie zombie

ps so would an octagon spess.....and Gene has one.....sure i can''t tempt you to the orange wild side?
face6.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i voted for the square only because i don't like how the octagon hangs on the chain. however, if the octagon was suspended on the chain so that one 'point' was above the chain ...

I tried to scale things into feasible proportions, but there might still be a doze of wishful thinking left about how narrow the halo can be- w/o using diamonds less than 1pts (I have not seen many bits of custom work with smaller stones around here - for ref. Ritani's pendants use half pointers).

BlueWerks.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I am thinking... what makes this stone interesting also makes it hard to set - the darn odd index! And I''d bet there would be more such stones with 3, 5 and 7 points, if there was a popular way to make use of them. On the other hand, all these potential penta-, hepta- and X-gons are perfect polygons and should fit in a circle just fine.
12.gif
Something like this:

Things would be more fun if these cute gem fancy cuts would come with a little line up with ''recommended designs'', isn''t it ?
9.gif

(PS. again some wishful thinking ... My drawing teacher used to give great advice - including ''make them BIG folks - otherwise no one will understand how to make them!''. Reminder to self...)

BlueWerksII.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
WOW Ana
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I have no clue what you are talking about with the index etc but wow those are gorgeous. I think what I have decided to do is get the pentagon. But that means I will have to postpone the setting for a while because of money. Such is life. But I have more or less come to the conclusion that that is the only one I will be truly happy with. Gonna have to email Gene tomorrow.
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Date: 4/21/2006 10:21:48 PM

Date: 4/21/2006 4:32:25 PM
Author: ilovesparkles

movie zombie

I completely agree with you! Leonid did the photo shop for me and didn''t have all the details of what I wanted and that is how he did it up. I would definitely have a point up and the chain coming off two side points! I am leaning towards the pentagon the only issue is money. If I did the pentagon I would have to wait a while before I could actually set it.

ETA: And I don''t know if I want the beaded halo or the diamond halo. So many decisions!
ok, my vote is back to the octagon!

diamond halo......and i''m not a fan of them! but i think on the octagon it will be absolutely stunning!

movie zombie

ps so would an octagon spess.....and Gene has one.....sure i can''t tempt you to the orange wild side?
face6.gif

No I am afraid you cannot convert me to the orange side it won''t go with much that I won. It is a gorgeous color but just not me. The only "orangish" stone I would consider is a parapradscha (I know I spellt that wrong!) sapphire. A really ppinky peach one. THose are gorgeous. If I bought a garnet it would be one of Gene''s mint green ones! Love those too!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, he has some lovely mint greens!

movie zombie

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
alright ILS....!!!!! I''m so glad you are getting the zircon penta star!!! Its soooo lovely! I can''t wait to see the finished product.

now that you have decided on your stone....maybe you can help me decide on mine :)

I''m waiting for Gene to email me back some answers to some questions I had about a couple of the stones. Depending on what I choose, I too , might have to wait to set it....due to funds.

My hubby had no idea I have this project in the works....I''m waiting for the "right moment" to drop the bomb on him,
41.gif
. I was thinking I could offer it as my Mother''s Day present...hehehe. Less work for him , right????

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ok so an update - yes it was quick since posting this BUT I bought the pentagon. I seem to be one of those people that just needs someone to tell me what they think for it to become clear what I really want. The poll has been neck and neck but in the beginning everyone was rooting for the square stone. And it just kind of gave me the push to say to myself, no they are all wrong its the pentagon. Goofy I know. Don''t get me wrong I love the square too but the penta is what I truly want!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hey - i just voted and saw I made it exactly 50/50.... but then I saw you got the pentagon. I love it!! I like how it has the sorta star - ish look to the facets.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2006 11:40:33 PM
Author: Sophie
hey,
take a look at this one.. it''s from walmart, and it is round with a halo, but a good look! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2489605
Thanks Sophie, I think I will pass on buying jewelry from walmart though
28.gif
I actually refuse to buy much of anything from there for quite a few reasons. And I already purchased my stone. But it is a nice cheap version of what jetmal and I are trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results