shape
carat
color
clarity

which solitaire do you like best? HELP ME PICK :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
If you were choosing between these, which one do you like best? I would like a wb to sit flush, or as flush as possible and I want a ring that is simple and classic, but a bit unique and will enable to stack anniversary rings down the road.

Oh, and I am looking at about a 1 carat stone:

Here is the MWM Flame ( I might ask him for more delicate prongs)

mm flame2.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
vatche x prong

vx prong 1.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Lockes...I would have to have this one made, since Lockes is no more

love lockes.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
They are both just beautiful... Ellen has the Vatche and it is one of my favorites.... :)

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
again, I iwill have to have this one, made. I love irina''s design and would proably not have the surprise stones

love irina vatche ring.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
mwm flame with more delicate prongs for sure!
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My vote is Vatache because of the flush aspect. I looooove that ring. It''s modern and classic at the same time.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Mintve -- All beautiful! You can''t go wrong.
36.gif

If it were me, I would choose either the MWM Flame b/c it is outstanding or the Lockes b/c they are a little bit different ...
You cannot go wrong with the Vatche setting though ...It is beautiful as well.

I''m SO excited for you!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
this ritani solo

ritani solo.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 4:46:13 PM
Author: mintve
again, I iwill have to have this one, made. I love irina''s design and would proably not have the surprise stones
This setting is gorgeous! What a lovely choice! Why wouldn''t you keep the surprise stones?
33.gif
Just curious ... they are a really pretty.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
wow, you guys are fast!! Thanks for the replies
36.gif

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 4:50:28 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

This setting is gorgeous! What a lovely choice! Why wouldn''t you keep the surprise stones?
33.gif
Just curious ... they are a really pretty.
they are pretty, I am just not sure if its too much for a 1 carat stone??
19.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
This would be my number one, followed by the MWM, then the Vatche. Congrats..very exciting!!
Can''t wait to see all the progress!!!!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 4:54:12 PM

they are pretty, I am just not sure if its too much for a 1 carat stone??
19.gif
I see ... Never thought about that. I think you''d be just fine but since it''s not for me
7.gif
maybe you could try and see something similar in person with a 1 c ctr stone? ...
31.gif
and see if you like the look?

For whatever it matters ... I think all of them are FANTASTIC, genuinely ... if you have to eliminate, my elmination vote is for the Ritani ... which is lovely, in and of itself, however, I think it pales in comparison to the others.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Mintve, our tastes are so similar! These same designs went into my Bling Book for my BF recently.
21.gif

What about the WF Legato??? I LOVE the head on that setting. I think that if I can''t get something like the X-Prong or Swan because of the designer name being too $$$, the Legato is what I want.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
Lockes

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I agree the WF Legato setting. Have you looked at it? I really love it! After that I would say the MM.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
mmmmm, i looked athe WF legato and it is nice, but it does not speak to me the way these other rings do. The Vatche one is actually only a few hundred dollars more, so its not too outrageously priced either.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a huge solitaire fan but I do like the MWM and the Irina. Why not the surprise stones?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the MWM or the swan. I just don''t love heads that aren''t integrated elegantly into the shank.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of them but especially the x-prong, the MWM flame and the Lockes (yeah I know, I''m a real help picking
3.gif
)

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a good link someone can recommend that shows the X-ping w/ a wb?

The store in ATL that carries the X-ping has them w/ empty settings, so its really ahrd to get a good idea of how it will look on the finger, with a stone and with a wb
face20.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the swan and MWM flame. I saw that flame at GOG, and it was so delicate with very thin prongs (as was the swan). I guess the camera does add 10 lbs after all
23.gif
!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the look of the MWM style the most, but for a 1 ct stone, I''d go with a four prong style, so second choice would be the X prong.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would eliminate trying to reproduce the Lockes. Lockes couldn''t even make it apparently once they lost the original maker!

The Vatche and the Flame are just two totally different looks! I think both are beautiful, but only you can decide which look you prefer!

One other option, MWM has made a similar ring with 4 prongs, and that might work better for a diamond your size.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 8:02:35 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I would eliminate trying to reproduce the Lockes. Lockes couldn''t even make it apparently once they lost the original maker!

ditto...

the flame with 4 prongs gets my vote...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2008 5:32:41 PM
Is there a good link someone can recommend that shows the X-ping w/ a wb?

The store in ATL that carries the X-ping has them w/ empty settings, so its really ahrd to get a good idea of how it will look on the finger, with a stone and with a wb
face20.gif
I''ve only seen the x-prong pictured with curved WBs, I don''t think it would sit flush. I really love Irina''s design and the MWM. I don''t know which one I''d choose over the other though!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

I would eliminate trying to reproduce the Lockes. Lockes couldn''t even make it apparently...
ROFLOL!!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 8:58:12 PM
Author: Lynn B

I would eliminate trying to reproduce the Lockes. Lockes couldn''t even make it apparently...
ROFLOL!!!

hhmmmm, that could be a problem
emotion-18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results