shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I''m trying to gather opinions on which setting you think is nicer for my 2.2 ct D VS2 RB diamond. I''m torn between the two. Personally, I like settings where the diamond looks like it''s suspended from the side.

Pic 1 is from the HOF website but imagine a RB in it
Pic 2 has 4 rings, it''s the bottom right setting imagine in platinum

Thanks for the posts!
Pic 2 is coming..!

Seduc.jpg

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Picture 2 (bottom right 4 prong setting). Which is classier and cleaner?

378.jpg

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I like the HOF setting the style is different but looks really classic and I think it will highlight your stone beautifully!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one, the HOF. The U shaped prongs don''t do it for me personally.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I also prefer the first one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
hof

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
HOF

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for HOF.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for #1

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
hof
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
#1 HOF

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Most definitely HOF.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the four-photo image is really pictures of the same ring just from four different angles. The bottom right pic DOES have six prongs if you look closely (the prongs at 9 and 11 o'clock (if you were wearing the ring) just look like one since they are close together. Even if you don't seperate those two, there are still five prongs easily seen).

But, to answer your question, I prefer the HOF setting as well- I just looks like it's better quality/crafted better.

Good luck with your setting search!

ETA: If you like these settings, you may also like the Vatche (sp?) Royal Crown. You can find photos of it by searching these boards.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOF. Not lovin those u prongs.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Thanks folks. I think it''s a unanimous vote all round. I actually like the U prong BUT for the damn chunky shank arms coming up to meet the mounting.

Sharry

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m gonna be different and vote for #2. Or even better, have you seen the Vatche Royal Crown? I had never really seen the appeal of it based on photos, but recently saw it and person and I was like OH this is why people like it so much. It is a similar look to setting #2 but in my opinion, more elegantly executed. It''s worth checking out!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
HOF - But I would like #2 in a fancy shape...An oval for example. It kind of reminds me of Tiffany''s oval setting with the way it comes up on the sides.

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 4:22:09 PM
Author: gailrmv
Well, I''m gonna be different and vote for #2. Or even better, have you seen the Vatche Royal Crown? I had never really seen the appeal of it based on photos, but recently saw it and person and I was like OH this is why people like it so much. It is a similar look to setting #2 but in my opinion, more elegantly executed. It''s worth checking out!
Gailrmv, I see what you mean about the vatche royal crown. It is a very beautiful seting although a lot of the diamond is concealed from the side. Hmm...tell me something, is a 6 prong very much safer in terms of holding a diamond than a 4 prong? If so, I might consider getting a 6 prong!

Thanks,
Sharry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results