shape
carat
color
clarity

which setting do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

titans

Rough_Rock
So I think I found the Diamond, now I just need to make up my mind on the setting

SO WHICH ONE DO YOU LIKE BETTER? The first one or second one

Both are basically the same, the main difference is the middle of the setting

Thanks

sample 2.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the middle of the top one, but the outer edge of the halo on the bottom.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:18:38 PM
Author: JulieN
I like the middle of the top one, but the outer edge of the halo on the bottom.
I was thinking the same thing.

titans

Rough_Rock
I think I was thinking the same thing,
basically you like how the shaft meets on the bottom one, but you like the middle of the first one better.

I felt that the halo was a little big on the first setting,

do you think whiteflash will be able to make the bottome setting, but change the middle? Especially because I would rather have the ring sit a little lower anyway

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I had a tough time deciding. I like them both. I think in the end I like the second one a little better because to my eyes the lines look perhaps a little more graceful. But really, they are both gorgeous.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I like the gentle upward slope of the shoulders of the first ring, as opposed to the triangular look of the 2nd. I don't like how low the first ring is set though..I like the height of ring #2. I could never find ONE complete setting I really like though..I had to take bits and peices of several rings, to make it look "right" for me!! (with regards to the halo setting that is currently being constructed for my diamond)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How high do you like rings? No.2 looks like the diamond will sit higher on the hand.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one better. Where is that one from? Thanks.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I think they both look very graceful. I guess something to think about would be rough activities. The taller the setting the more it will get banged around and snagged on things. The lower it is set, the less likely it is to get banged around (I have a low set ring and I find it bangs around less than my friend''s).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #2.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I find #2 to be more pleasing.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
It deoends how high you want the diamond to sit.

For me personally it would be number one as I like them to sit quite low on my finger.

titans

Rough_Rock
I dont remeber where I found the first setting, I searched halo enagement rings on msn, and it was one of the images that came up. The second one is from whiteflash. I think I like the fact that the first one sits lower, but I do like the second one alot as well. I think she would prefer a lower sitting ring.

Maybe I will try to combine them both somehow

Thanks to all for the feedback

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is #1, because it still sits plenty high. I also think it depends on the size diamond. IMO a tiny diamond doesn''t look good as high up as a bigger, more substantial one. If it''s a ring that she''ll wear everyday for everyday things, then #2 may be harder to manage.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like # 1 the best but both are pretty.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1.

titans

Rough_Rock
It looks like most people seem to like the first one, I think I am going to see if there is some way I can combine both, maybe keep the height of number 1 and keep the halo of number 2.

Thanks again for all the responses

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Both look great to me. The size of the diamond may help determine how high you''d like it to sit.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I like #1 better but they''re both nice.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like number 1. The middle part is prettier to me.

titans

Rough_Rock
Im most likely putting a 1.05 H si1

titans

Rough_Rock
I quickly put this together on microsoft paint, so its not the greatest quality, but basically what I did was try to combine both designs, The first two are both molded off of the second ring design, but the first one pictured has the middle of the the first ring and second one pictured is the second ring but lowered down. The last ring is basically the top ring, but I got rid of the overlap of the halo from the shaft. I think I am actually leaning towards trying to lower down ring number two, so its not as high, like in picture number 2.

sample setting 1.2.JPG

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/3/2009 8:57:44 AM
Author: titans
I quickly put this together on microsoft paint, so its not the greatest quality, but basically what I did was try to combine both designs, The first two are both molded off of the second ring design, but the first one pictured has the middle of the the first ring and second one pictured is the second ring but lowered down. The last ring is basically the top ring, but I got rid of the overlap of the halo from the shaft. I think I am actually leaning towards trying to lower down ring number two, so its not as high, like in picture number 2.

That would be my choice (lowering #2)!

titans

Rough_Rock
I think that is what I am going to do, It seems to flow the best and whiteflash said they would be able to do it.

titans

Rough_Rock
I talked it over with the rep from whiteflash and I think he gave me so good advice, He said your best bet might be to leave the amphora or bottom setting as is, just incase it does look the way you want it, then if I do want to make any changes I could just send it back and they can make a new one for me if I dont like it. He said it might be easier to because you could give it to your girlfriend and then get her opinion on what you should do as well.

So I might actually do that, just so I dont have one custom made then find out that she might have liked the original better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results