shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting and why do you like/dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:31:20 PM
Author: mscushion
Date: 2/5/2009 4:25:20 PM

Author: suchende

I think you''re on to something with it being a ''girl thing.'' I am helping my friend find a setting and he keeps gravitating to clunky, angular, geometric settings.

I talked to my BF about x-prong settings (which I think are beautifully ''flowy'') vs. basket settings the other day and he said that, as a guy, he prefers the sturdy ''structure'' and ''architecture'' (his words, I believe) of the basket. Seems like that might be a similar thing going on there.

Maybe it''s a projection thing. I know I have the tendency to (when given an option) pick something that''s more my taste (subconsciously). Maybe they''re just shying away from the more stream-lined feminine settings because they''d never wear them
2.gif

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
This thread has taken a bit of a turn. I love the Vatche Swan setting, but solitaires just don''t look all that great on my finger. Of course, with the band that would make a bit of a difference. I actually thought about a solitaire paired with a filigree larger band. But I don''t know. The first ring has been a favorite for about four months. Everything else has kind of gone by the wayside.

Guess you can''t argue with consistency.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely 1, I love the flowing design. Number 2 looks a little masculine and more harsh, forgive me for being honest here...

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Seems there is already a consensus here - but thought I should throw in my vote anyway - #1!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m a newbie, but I''ll bite--why are you all picking on us guys?

There is nothing wrong with "structure" and "architecture"--in a house

And chunky is just fine--in soup . . . .

but since this is a woman''s ring we are talking about--#1 is much better, now I''m just curious as to where you found that setting, and what else they have.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:18:18 PM
Author: DebShine
This thread has taken a bit of a turn. I love the Vatche Swan setting, but solitaires just don''t look all that great on my finger. Of course, with the band that would make a bit of a difference. I actually thought about a solitaire paired with a filigree larger band. But I don''t know. The first ring has been a favorite for about four months. Everything else has kind of gone by the wayside.

Guess you can''t argue with consistency.
Then it has to be the first one. I had a similar situation. Saw a Scott Kay solitaire. Loved it. Thought I couldn''t afford it. Tried on 8 million other rings. Even had something custom made that went horribly wrong.

Guess what''s on my hand right now - that same Scott Kay. So, if this is the one you keep coming back to - then this is the one!

May I ask where you found it?
1.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Number 1 - sleek, sophisticated and yet also playful.
4.gif

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
numero uno!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
The ring is a Rochelle from Excel Diamonds. They have a very good reputation from what I understand. I can''t see the ring on a hand because Julian explained it will be made with the diamond size and my finger size in mind - it can''t just be "pulled". Thanks All! :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just in case the polls are still open, I vote for #1 by far!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Definitely definitely definitely the first! The 2nd one somehow looks dated to me. Seems like that style was very trendy a while back. I could be wrong about that of course, but, I just think the first one is prettier anyway!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
Darnit Judah - Why do I insist upon calling you every "j" name in the book besides your own??? Sorry... again! I

T''S JUDAH everyone... not Julian. Not Jonah. Not Jasper! JUDAH!

And thanks Packrat! The polls are always open! :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think that first one would look great with a bezeled eternity band too! But you''ll have fun trying everything on! I had a wedding band before I had an engagement ring and I still go into stores to try on bands just because it''s fun!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
<------ is of the opinion that bezel bands go with anything.
2.gif
9.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
The first one, yes! If your BF needs some convincing, just tell him that the way the princess stones are set ("invisible set") isn''t terribly secure and could be a gigantic pain to fix. It''s true
2.gif

I do think that many, many guys gravitate to chunkier, pointier, more architectural settings... it makes sense, I guess- it''s what their taste for themselves is. Hopefully he''ll see how lovely the first one is on your hand and how happy you are with it, and be thrilled too.

(I''m lucky- my DH loves the antique style rings I like too... while I don''t love solitaires on *me*, he just hates them in general, which is very odd- so many guys think of a solitaire as what an e-ring "should" look like.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results