shape
carat
color
clarity

Which sapphire vendor would you recommend and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, sounds like fun!

For the budget, Richard Wise might be a possibility - it would be fun to see what he has anyway. Plus the cert would be included in the price because the cost of the stone is over the minimum amount. I also think Jeff White would be great too. Those two are the only I have had personal experience with. With Jeff, you would have to get it certed yourself (as his general policy is not to cert, but he stands by what he sells 100%). For the amount of money you are spending, I would definitely get the cert, especially if there are any claims of an unheated stone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
You can also do a search on Pala Gems and see if one of the vendors can get the pricing on the stones. I know Wink works with them.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I vote for Wise or White, they have great cuts. I haven''t tried any of the other vendors listed, besides Natural Sapphire, and I wasn''t very impressed with their cuts, especially in comparison to the others (Especially Wise!)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mercoledi, for taking the time to look through different sites and post those links. I really appreciate it, and I''ll forward them to my dad.

Marcy, isn''t that green sapphire gorgeous? I love it!

TGal, it is a fun project! It''s helping my dad out, but it''s a little like the blind leading the blind, so to speak. I''m not well-versed in colored gem stones. I had researched sapphires a lot when I was considering having one as my center stone in my engagement ring, and then I changed my mind. Since then, I''ve forgotten much of what I had learned. Thanks for letting me know about the cert and that R. Wise provides one with his stones. I wasn''t aware that Jeff White doesn''t.
I don''t think my dad would mind getting it certed himself, but it would be an extra step in the process. As I mentioned my dad''s in no hurry to complete the project (he''s still reading all the info. I gave him so far).

Thanks, Ltl -- I''ve seen Pala Gems'' site, and if needed, I''ll have my dad possibly contact Wink. I know he''s supposed to be great to work with.

Thanks, Soycoffee! Welcome to PS, by the way. I''ve read various opinions of the NSC, both positive and negative.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results