shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ring to choose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondSeeker10

Rough_Rock
I know choosing a ring is very particular, but i need some advice.
Which Ring would you take?

Ring 1 -
Tiffany and Co. Ring

1.20 G Color VS2 ~$14,000
Ideal Cut

Ring 2
Very reputable jewelers ring
E
VS1
very good cut, but doesnt meet ideal proportions
~$13,000

Ring 3
Tiff & co.
1.04 Carat
F
VS1
~$13,000

thanks

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany's is definitely VERY proud of those two rings you quoted. Check what similar diamonds would cost you through internet vendors by doing a PriceScope search through the menu above. Your jaw will hit the floor.

The jeweler's stone is much better bargain than the two Tiffany's, but you don't have much in the way of information regarding the cut. The value varies dramatically depending on how well cut it is. You also don't mention which lab graded the stone. It's tough to make a decision with such an incomplete picture.

You might want to check the PriceScope search engine in regards to this stone as well. There are vendors here in this forum that can supply you with so much relevant information that you can virtually make an intelligent decision sight unseen, with moneyback guarantees.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If price is no object, and I could only choose between these 3, then the 2nd, larger one. If price is an object---the Tiffanys are grossly overpriced. Look at this beauty, for instance. This is hardly a rock bottom price, but it might as well be compared to the Tiffany's and it's priced lower than even #2:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_34ct_g_if_h&a.htm

I won't say there isn't an intrinsic value to the Tiffany name. There *is*--but you're paying for it.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here are some other options via the internet:

1.24 G VS1 $$8270, H&A, GIA cert: http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia12377778/index.htm

1.28 D VS2 $9282, H&A, GIA cert: http://www.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1412169&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

1.42 D VS2 $11,780 H&A, GIA cert: http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia12362151/index.htm

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
One more:

1.61 G VS1 H&A $14,468 http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_61ct_g_vs1_ha.htm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee I know this is not what you asked but I would take that 1.61c GOG ring that was just posted over a Tiffany ring, anyday! Size matters! (when you're talking diamonds of course...). Tiffany is grossly overpriced and that 'non-ideal very good cut stone' is a ridiculous amount of $$ too. Keep looking, whether its offline or online....
1.gif
Good luck!

rocksrock

Rough_Rock
Hello??? Did anyone read his question? He specifically listed 3 choices and all of you anti-Tiffany buyers turn a deaf ear. If he asked are these worth it, or would you get any of these then yeah you could give the answers you gave, but he didn't. From these specific 3 choices which one do you think he should purchase is the definitive question. I know that the mere reason we are on this forum suggest that we should be more internet savvy consumers, but we have to remember sometimes people just don't like doing business over the internet, or that they highly prefer Tiffany products.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Although I love T&Co, I say buy something like the 1.61... The difference is too high in this case! You might want to check also whiteflash.com and superbcert.com for a super ideal h+a stone... Much better cut than Tiffany!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I didn't answer the original question.

I wouldn't buy any of those three stones.

Better?
1.gif

It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Tiffany. If someone asks which ones to buy..and I wouldn't buy any of their choices, I will say so. That is my opinion. Someone who comes onto a public board and asks a Q will inevitably get many responses, all opinions. It is up to them to determine what adds value.

Also Rocks...you got so caught up in chastising the board that you didn't answer his Question either!
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, if I were forced to purchase one of these rings, I'd take the first one.

However, I would probably want that last good old gold stone I posted if I had @ $14,000 to spend. Actually, I'd probably drop color and clarity a bit more to go even bigger! I was just trying to show DiamondSeeker10 how far his money would go and what comparable stones were going for online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results