shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ring should I use for my wedding ring?

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This forum was very helpful in helping my fiancé and I pick out a beautiful engagement ring. I decided I wanted some form of an eternity ring for the wedding ring. To save some funds, he purchased two rings - one off DB and one off LT and now we are trying to decide which to use as the wedding ring (the other will be a RHR gift for health issues I recently went through). We are getting married next month.
The first ring is a half eternity, approx. .5tcw, g/h vs diamonds, not sure what size pointers.
The second ring is a full eternity, approx. 1.08tcw, f/g si1 diamonds, 3 pointers
Both are 18k white gold.

I'm including pictures of my engagement ring with both. Each is with one band and the engagement ring with and without a spacer. My other question is, since I have pave on both the undergallery and shank of my ring, should I be using a spacer? It seemed like I am supposed to so I purchased one.

Half eternity ring

Full eternity ring

Once again, thank you for your help on the engagement ring. I look forward to your opinion on these rings.

_6242.jpeg

_6243.jpeg

_6244.jpeg

_6245.jpeg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the half eternity with your engagement ring. I like the other ring - the full eternity - as a right hand ring, because it is more substantial and would have a great presence as a standalone ring on your other hand … or with other stacking rings. Both are very pretty.

Which ring do YOU like better with your e-ring?

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm good with either but I like bling. My fiancé says he likes the half eternity with the e-ring as well but suggested we get some professional opinions of which would go better.

LunaStar

Rough_Rock
If it were me, I would choose the half eternity ring. It seems to sit more snugly against your ering and this just gives your rings a neater appearance in my opinion.

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I also vote for the half eternity. I think rings are more comfortable when they sit more flush.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Both are great but I like the look of the first one. The smaller stones. It just fits better. But that is just my own preference.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The half eternity definitely goes with your engagement ring a lot better. The full eternity will be great on your other hand.

phancynan

Rough_Rock
I think the top one, the half eternity, fits better with the engagement ring. If you continue to be torn, could you use them both for the wedding ceremony? That way if you changed your mind after actually wearing the set daily, you could switch out the rings and still be wearing your wedding band.
Both are beautiful!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the half eternity too. The scale just seems to compliment your e-ring better than the full eternity.

You're lucky to have two beautiful rings to choose from!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everybody for your opinions. I was okay with either (fiancé liked half eternity too) so I think that's what we will go with. The full eternity he got off LT for a steal and it is an IDJ eternity with PS-quality stones. The half eternity is from Blue Nile.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the half eternity with your ring! Great choice! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones on the half are more in line with your ering. Looks very proportional. The stones on the full are too big and distract from your ering. I would get someone to make a full using the size of the stones on the half if you want a full.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the half too. ..good choice. Make the full a RHR! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The half eternity gets my vote as well! It seems to be a similar height as your ering so it doesn't stick out on the sides like the eternity does.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
half eternity with e-ring and full eternity on right hand! BLING it on, girl, BLING IT ON! :appl:

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks again all.
AC117 - the full may stick out more as it is 1-1.5 sizes too big. Since it can't be resized and I love it anyway, I'm planning on getting a horseshoe spring installed. The half eternity is the exact size I got my e-ring. (I'm measured at a 5 but it felt too tight so wearing a 5.5, the full eternity is a 6.5.)

The other question is should I be using a spacer? I asked this above and did purchase one but is it necessary? I'd prefer not to use it but my undergallery has pave and I don't want to cause damage to my e-ring.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your undergallery has pave then yes, it is recommended you use a spacer to prevent any damage to the diamonds or to the metal surrounding it. You don't have to use one but there will definitely be damage over time (the metal could eat into the metal of the other ring, diamonds could chip diamonds in the other ring, you could lose a diamond if the metal eats into the prongs, etc.).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep them both but put the half with your ring!

SpencerDane

Rough_Rock
I'm glad you chose the half eternity band. It looks stunning! I do not think you would need a spacer at all as it looks like it will be nice and flush as is. However, I too cannot tolerate rings not sitting flush on my finger and I definitely understand your concern about it.

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So now I have a third option to throw into the ring for the wedding band. It was a ring I got myself as a gift since I got it at a very reasonable price. FH is at his bachelor party so even he hasn't seen it. It's a curved 7 stone band which matches well with my e-ring. My mom has seen it and likes the half eternity better but I think the curved band goes better. It would need to be resized since it is a 6.25 and I'm a 5-5.5.
I'd like to know opinions on this new ring (or if I should just stay with the half eternity).

And I apologize for the picture, it was probably the worst place to take a picture of the ring with the lighting.

If the new ring looks better, I plan to stack the half and full eternities on the right hand so I'd get to wear all three rings.
Also, even though he's away, I know FH will say go with whichever one I like best.

_6265.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have an amazing e-ring!
I love it combined with the half eternity as I love the subtle combination with the smaller stones. The full eternity will look better however if you intend to wear it on your other hand or on days when you do not wear your e-ring.

I think I really like the 7 stone as well, but the photo is too blurry to determine whether it looks better than the half eternity. From what I can see, the curved eternity looks nice with your ring.

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Much better image of the 7 stone ring.

Neither eternity is curved so neither will sit flush with the e-ring. This ring somewhat does.

_6266.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still prefer the half eternity as the melee size matches so nicely with the halo melee size. The curved band as a close second. But most important is what your eyes prefer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still like the half better...

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still prefer the half eternity, as well. But if this curved band is the one YOU prefer, then that's all that matters because YOU will be looking down on it everyday!

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, one more I swear, especially since we are getting married next Saturday. So I was perusing eBay and saw this three-sided half eternity in my size. My sweet fiancé purchased this one for me as well (and I can return if needed in the next two weeks). I have no concrete stats on the ring but the seller estimated it as approximately 1/2 ctw similar to the other half eternity but that's not for sure and I'm not sure on color or clarity. Now my fiancé and I like both half eternities with my e-ring. This new ring has pave that match the shank of my e-ring, the other has pave that match the halo. He has asked me to ask the forum this time since neither of us are decided on a clear winner. Either the eBay one will go back or the BN may be sold instead.

Old half eternity -

New half eternity -

Again, thank you from both of us for your input.

_6306.jpeg

_6307.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old half eternity - if you're doing a sparkly band, matching to your engagement ring melee looks the most harmonious and accentuates your lovely ring rather than overpowering it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to the old eternity as it matches so nicely wirh the halo diamonds.
The new eternity might be a better option to wear as a stand alone during holidays etc because of the three-sided pave? Will you ever wear the band as a standalone and if yes, could you share some pics of the rings alone?

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1480266666|4102907 said:
My vote goes to the old eternity as it matches so nicely wirh the halo diamonds.
The new eternity might be a better option to wear as a stand alone during holidays etc because of the three-sided pave? Will you ever wear the band as a standalone and if yes, could you share some pics of the rings alone?

Yes, I may wear the rings as a standalone if we don't return the new half eternity. If we got a great deal on it (paid a little over $200), I may be able to convince him to let me keep it for the reasons above (and as a holiday gift :) )

My RHR eternity (my health gift) and the 7 stone we are keeping so I can switch them around when we have kids as they are both larger sizes.

Here are the rings individually:

Old half eternity -

New half eternity (3 sided) -

_6308.jpeg

_6309.jpeg

_6310.jpeg

_6311.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results