shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ring should I let go?

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I have a few piece that I’m definitely letting go but there are two that I can’t decide between. I am set on buying a solitaire necklace and one of them needs to go if that is going to happen! So which one would you choose? The two solitaires are my daily wear rings, the bombe ring (1.2tcw) and retro cluster (1.4tcw) are the two I’m deciding between! 619028EE-789D-41D9-BEB6-88D09A038190.jpeg BBB03816-6683-4297-A21C-E0048BA57C16.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bombe ring doesnt look like it fits? I might put them both up for sale and whichever sales first is the one to go!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
The bombe ring doesnt look like it fits? I might put them both up for sale and whichever sales first is the one to go!

I usually wear it on my ring finger and it’s perfect, but not great on that finger! I hate making decisions!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying a separate solitaire necklace your plan, or is making a solitaire necklace from the solitaire burnished set ring an option?

That would be my suggestion. You’ll still have three pretty rings with separate styles/looks.
And I’m taking a guess the shallow cut of the solitaire stone in the burnished setting would look nice in a pendant.

Oops. I didn’t read your instructions.
I’ll crawl under a rock and be quiet now :oops:

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Buying a separate solitaire necklace your plan, or is making a solitaire necklace from the solitaire burnished set ring an option?

That would be my suggestion. You’ll still have three pretty rings with separate styles/looks.
And I’m taking a guess the shallow cut of the solitaire stone in the burnished setting would look nice in a pendant.

Oops. I didn’t read your instructions.
I’ll crawl under a rock and be quiet now :oops:

Thank you! I did think of that but I want a bit of a bigger stone for the pendant, preferably .70+ And the biggest in both those rings is .5 ish! I love them both in their own way, but I only have so many fingers! :lol:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I would list both and see which sells first like tyty333.
How big is the diamond on the platinum solitaire? I know it’s not for sale I’m just curious lol

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I can see why it's difficult as they both have their strong individual style.

The bombe ring leapt out to me as a great signature everyday piece. I like the bling-ness of the retro 4-stone but the design is more unusual and divisive. I think unless you are deeply attached to the 4-stone, keeping the bombe may be a safer choice as it's such a classic.

Although I have a feeling that the bombe would probably sell faster on the open market, since gypsy rings are popular at the moment. Would that be a factor for you?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think the bombe is more in style right now, which depending on how you feel may tip you towards keeping it or selling it. +2 on listing both and letting fate decide. =)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I would either sell the Retro Cluster or take that largest stone and bezel it for your solitaire necklace. I think the difference between .50 cts and .70 cts is about .5 mm so the bezel should give you the presence you want.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I would list both and see which sells first like tyty333.
How big is the diamond on the platinum solitaire? I know it’s not for sale I’m just curious lol

It’s 1.61ct mine cut, I love it! It’s one of the reasons I’m letting go of a lot of others, oh just don’t wear them! Over here there’s very few places to sell on jewellery, so it would probably be auction. I looked back over my valuations and the main diamond on the free form one is .70 carats so I actually may bezel that!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I can see why it's difficult as they both have their strong individual style.

The bombe ring leapt out to me as a great signature everyday piece. I like the bling-ness of the retro 4-stone but the design is more unusual and divisive. I think unless you are deeply attached to the 4-stone, keeping the bombe may be a safer choice as it's such a classic.

Although I have a feeling that the bombe would probably sell faster on the open market, since gypsy rings are popular at the moment. Would that be a factor for you?

I think you’re right, the bombe ring is the one my sister wants me to keep! The four stone was my first “big” ring, and I have loved it, after looking over my valuations I think it might be an idea to use the stones rather than sell it? I was thinking of a five stone ring with a stone from another ring I have!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
It’s 1.61ct mine cut, I love it! It’s one of the reasons I’m letting go of a lot of others, oh just don’t wear them! Over here there’s very few places to sell on jewellery, so it would probably be auction. I looked back over my valuations and the main diamond on the free form one is .70 carats so I actually may bezel that!

Oh that's awesome! I was just thinking to myself that the main stone in the retro looked fairly sizable.

And yes old mine cuts are just wonderful aren't they? Totally addictive. Does your 1.61ct have a somewhat irregular shape? I just love how individual they are.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I would either sell the Retro Cluster or take that largest stone and bezel it for your solitaire necklace. I think the difference between .50 cts and .70 cts is about .5 mm so the bezel should give you the presence you want.

Thank you, it was this that made me go and check the sizes!! Then I was playing around with a few others and thought maybe it could be a really pretty 5 stone ring? I was thinking I could use it and the main stone from another ring…. Apologies my camera is awful 695447A2-6689-4916-A925-4F1BFE347441.jpeg

weemie

Shiny_Rock
Oh that's awesome! I was just thinking to myself that the main stone in the retro looked fairly sizable.

And yes old mine cuts are just wonderful aren't they? Totally addictive. Does your 1.61ct have a somewhat irregular shape? I just love how individual they are.

Yes! It’s an off round, almost cushion like but not quite! Old stones have so much life and character, I don’t think I could go back now. I love it, it’s my first big purchase and was supposed to be my last but about a month later I fell for the transitional gypsy ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That cluster is to die for !
I love it
I think it looks fabulous on you and looks great with the wide yellow gold solitar

weemie

Shiny_Rock
That cluster is to die for !
I love it
I think it looks fabulous on you and looks great with the wide yellow gold solitar

Ah now I want to keep them all! :D It’s so addictive, but I only have so many fingers! Also I’ll need to resize the retro four stone….

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was me, I would keep the bombe because it seems more wearable and it has a great cohesive aesthetic.

I do love those two daily drivers of yours, very pretty!

weemie

Shiny_Rock
If it was me, I would keep the bombe because it seems more wearable and it has a great cohesive aesthetic.

I do love those two daily drivers of yours, very pretty!

Thank you! I love them, and it was with the help of you all here I chose the platinum mine cut! I went rogue with the other one but it worked out well, phew! I’m giving serious thought to a five stone, something like these…. 674D25D9-569E-470C-A2B9-237CB50BA976.jpeg FC2E3FFE-F152-4FC7-B2F2-76413E998E5D.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah now I want to keep them all! :D It’s so addictive, but I only have so many fingers! Also I’ll need to resize the retro four stone….

Oh it will be so worth it
its my favourite thing ive seen on PS all week !

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh love the idea of a five stone band, I’ve seen some really great ones on Etsy!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I love them, and it was with the help of you all here I chose the platinum mine cut! I went rogue with the other one but it worked out well, phew! I’m giving serious thought to a five stone, something like these…. 674D25D9-569E-470C-A2B9-237CB50BA976.jpeg FC2E3FFE-F152-4FC7-B2F2-76413E998E5D.jpeg

Oh I think I have the second ring (yellow gold and OMC) saved to my favourites somewhere! I love how 5-stone rings can look like a lacy band of light across the finger, so pretty. I never thought I was a 5-stone band fan until I tried one out last month, and now I'm a goner. Fortunately I seem to be sated with just one so far, I think they are such a classic and add a ton of sparkles to a stack.

(Sorry totally didn't mean to encourage you to make the project(s) more complicated. :eek-2:)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

A 5 stone would be fabulous! That's next on my list of rings, too!

Izzy70

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one, off to stalk my second favourite shopping destination WF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results