shape
carat
color
clarity

Which ring setting will you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mz

Rough_Rock
Hi All:
I have been reading the forums on pricescope for awhile. Finally we bought our diamond.
We just received our diamond and we really like it. It''s 1.16 round G color ideal cut.
Now I have to choose a setting for it.
After trying out some rings in the store. I really like how some of the stones look with low settings.
I like these three settings, which one will be lower and look better with my stone?
Thank you so much for your help.
Simple setting:
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2785_design.asp?module=setting
2.6mm pave setting:
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-1924_design.asp?module=setting
Vintage style pave diamond ring
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-2071_design.asp?module=setting

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting your diamond. It sounds lovely. I like the first setting the best but they are all lovely and all of them look like a low profile setting.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
They all would look good with your stone. If you are taking votes, I like the second one. I like the pave and the prongs.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Out of those three I also prefer the first one.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you have a beautiful diamond. Of those three, I would pick the second one, as I really like the pave and the way the prongs are.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd one the best...followed by the first....and the third one comes in a distant 3rd.

Dreamer1116

Shiny_Rock
I would prefer the first one, but the second one is also nice. My clear vote is for the first one! Good luck on choosing and congratulations!

mz

Rough_Rock
Wow. Those replies are quick. Thanks for quick the replies.
I want to thank of all of you for taking time to help me.
I think I might go for choice #2 the pave ring, because it those small stones might make the ring look more shiny.
#1 looks really nice and simple too.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #1 cause it is modern looking and #2 cause it is classic. Which look are you aiming for? (BTW, I don''t like #3)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I would say 2 or 3, I don''t care for the side stones on 1.

mz

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:51:40 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I like #1 cause it is modern looking and #2 cause it is classic. Which look are you aiming for? (BTW, I don''t like #3)
I don''t really know what I want.
I like the simple look of the #1 setting, but I also like how much the #2 will sparkle.
I''m still debating whether to get 18k white gold or platinum, because the platinum rings are durable but much more heavier.
I like the light weight of the 18k white gold. However people are saying that white gold will turn yellow someday.
What do you guys think?

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
I like 2 , though I''m biased coz I like sparkle and therefore like side stones. However, number 1 is also nice for a more conservative style.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The setting really is a personal decision. A setting that someone loves - others may hate.

Out of the three, I like the second one the best but with the basket on the first one. I do like components of the third one too.

I would go with platinum especially with the prices now. White gold doesn't work well for me as it turns yellow very quickly with my body chemistry.

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
Out of the 3 that you posted, I like the second one the most. I''m not sure about the side stones on the first one, and the 3d looks a little bulky for my preference. I have to agree with Charmypoo - picking a setting is such a personal decision. Go with what will make you happy
1.gif
I have a James Allen setting (french cut pave one) and it is really low.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like them in the order that you posted them.

mz

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 11:39:22 PM
Author: MrsG
Out of the 3 that you posted, I like the second one the most. I''m not sure about the side stones on the first one, and the 3d looks a little bulky for my preference. I have to agree with Charmypoo - picking a setting is such a personal decision. Go with what will make you happy
1.gif
The french cut pave one that you have looks nice and light weight. I don''t like how heavy some of the platinum ring feel. I will definitely consider it.
It looks a little thin. I thought the thicker bands are more comfortable. Does it feel comfortable?

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 12:15:16 AM
Author: mz

1.gif

The french cut pave one that you have looks nice and light weight. I don''t like how heavy some of the platinum ring feel. I will definitely consider it.

It looks a little thin. I thought the thicker bands are more comfortable. Does it feel comfortable?

The setting I have is pretty dainty, light (it is white gold) and is very comfortable. I wear my rings all the time and I am hardly ever bothered by them. I''ve attached a picture to show you how low the setting is. I have to tell you though, that I was not able to find a band that would sit flush with it. But I like the gap
1.gif

profile3211.jpg

mz

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 11:22:50 AM
Date: 11/10/2008 12:15:16 AM

Author: mz

1.gif

The setting I have is pretty dainty, light (it is white gold) and is very comfortable. I wear my rings all the time and I am hardly ever bothered by them. I''ve attached a picture to show you how low the setting is. I have to tell you though, that I was not able to find a band that would sit flush with it. But I like the gap
1.gif

Thank you so much for attaching the picture. MrsG. Your ring looks lovely.
I think I might get that ring.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Since you''re asking, I like 2 best, followed by 3 than 1. All are lovely. Make sure to post your final!

DLFB

Rough_Rock
#1 looks too plain. if you really want side stones then you should have more

#3 looks too vintage for me. i dont like any engraving on rings

thus, my choice is #2.

but to be honest you''re the only person who can answer that question
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results