shape
carat
color
clarity

Which RB would you choose? Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
I am narrowing down my search for RB stones.

The first is a 0.90 H VS2 ACA:

RB #1

The second, at about $400- more is a 1.01 H VS2 from their Expert Selection:

RB #2

They both score a 1.4 on the HCA and look like they would be clean from a side view based on the plotting diagram in the AGS report (important because I will be mounting it in a more open u-prong setting).

Is the extra performance that is gained from the ACA over the ES stone significant enough to? I have already read some of the vendor posts on how a stone is picked as an ACA stone and not an ES stone, but I wanted to get some expert opinions as to which one of the two they would choose and why.

This is a difficult decision to make and having to decide between two stones with very similar stats makes it that much more difficult. Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second one!!! Full carat, AGS0 Ideal cut, and larger diameter! Reserve it if you are serious because there are many lurkers on here!

(I did recommend that first one to someone looking in the .90''s. But I''d choose the 1 carat stone between these two.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d choose the second one too. Most people cannot tell the difference between an ES and ACA stone. Both are extremely well cut. For those watching their budget tightly and need a stone close to the 1 ct mark, then I''d suggest the ACA. If you can pull of the extra $400, the ES is the way to go to get over the 1 ct mark.

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
Here are the IS images side by side - please comment.

IS-images.jpg

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
Here are the ASET images side by side. I need to try to make this decision within the next 24hrs, so any feedback on these is much appreciated.

ASET-images.jpg

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 7:29:24 PM
Author: Chrono
I''d choose the second one too. Most people cannot tell the difference between an ES and ACA stone. Both are extremely well cut. For those watching their budget tightly and need a stone close to the 1 ct mark, then I''d suggest the ACA. If you can pull of the extra $400, the ES is the way to go to get over the 1 ct mark.
I am not too stuck on having to "get over the 1ct mark" but it would be nice if possible. My main focus is getting the best performing, sparkly, stunning diamond I can for my money. I was originally set on getting an ACA RB, but started leaning towards this one when I saw it (because it looks very clean and is only $400-$500 more for .11ct more).

My only concern, and I am sure that I have been over analyzing these images, is that I am going to get a less stunning stone with more leakage (the inner circle of the IS image above) by going bigger. Based on the comparison pictures that I attached above (IS and ASET), please feel free to tell me whether or not I am just being over analytical and that there will probably be a negligible performance difference between the two. I have put the 1.01 ES stone on hold with WhiteFlash, so it is getting down to the wire for me to make a decision. Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2009 3:10:46 AM
Author: CaratMan

Date: 4/1/2009 7:29:24 PM
Author: Chrono
I am not too stuck on having to ''get over the 1ct mark'' but it would be nice if possible. My main focus is getting the best performing, sparkly, stunning diamond I can for my money. I was originally set on getting an ACA RB, but started leaning towards this one when I saw it (because it looks very clean and is only $400-$500 more for .11ct more).

My only concern, and I am sure that I have been over analyzing these images, is that I am going to get a less stunning stone with more leakage (the inner circle of the IS image above) by going bigger. Based on the comparison pictures that I attached above (IS and ASET), please feel free to tell me whether or not I am just being over analytical and that there will probably be a negligible performance difference between the two. I have put the 1.01 ES stone on hold with WhiteFlash, so it is getting down to the wire for me to make a decision. Thanks again!
I doubt you would notice any leakage with the naked eye, going by the images any leakage would be extremely slight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results