shape
carat
color
clarity

Which PS'er has influenced you the most?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Yssie's posts have definitely been the most informative since I've joined PS! She comes across as very objective and extremely helpful in all of my previous threads! If you're reading this, Yssie, thanks!

What about everyone else?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I want to be Megeve when I grow up. She's my style icon.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a tough question! If you asked for top 10 who have influenced me the most, it would be much easier. I think I'm going to have to say LGK because it's her gorgeous OEC that began my love affair with older stones. I wouldn't have my OMB if it weren't for her! So thank you LGK!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I agree this is very hard. I have several that have influenced how I think, how I react, my jewelry tastes, many things. Can we submit lists? LOL

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel free to list as many people as you'd like!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stone Cold's very good.

John P/Q represents professional best.

Garry H makes for a good host.

Ira Z.

P.S. There are many others...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think John Pollard is the ultimate PS poster.

He has a remarkable balance of intelligence, expertise, credibility, communication skill, sensitivity, good character, tempered by a down to earthy humility and sense of humor.
He feels like a brother.

I met him in Vegas and he was not on a pedestal at all.
He was very pleasant and relaxed and looked you right in the eye.

Often the smartest people are the most difficult to interact with, but God got all the DNA lined up just right in JP.
Paul does could not possibly pay him enough.

When I grow up I want to be like John Pollard.
(Oh wait! I'm older than him.)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you mom2boys, I'm flattered! ::)

Gosh, one person? Hmm... I'd have to say Dreamer_D. I missed the Mara/Alj era, and her posts proved to me that you don't need to be A) male, B) in the trade, or C) brusque ;)) to participate as more than a New-Consumer-Looking-For-Stone on RT. I probably wouldn't otherwise have ever posted, and I'd have missed out on a lot!

Edit - my list would be really long, but - well - I kinda think this thread is gonna go nuts if people start listing and some people are consistently left out, so... well, it'll probably go nuts anyway :rolleyes:

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
From the short time I've been here, I can most definitely say that Dreamer_D, Yssie, and Kenny are some of the most knowledgeable people I've met! All of them IMHO, are very honest, kind, and helpful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't say one person. Ok I will say Karl, Storm. By far he is ahead of the game and knows how to play it. Not only that , he's the nicest person. He will kill me for saying this. But he has taught me soooo much. He's a mentor to me. And am very proud of him. The Octavia was a home run. I look forward to many more.. I think he influenced me the most because of his knowledge and then took that to another level and made the octavia... That's a home run in my book.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all the liberals... ;(

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D...she convinced me to call BGD about making my custom ring!
and I learn a lot from yssie's posts

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson Hawk. I find her posts to be eloquent and written in a style that I would love to be able to emulate.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny has influenced my obsession with FCD's. Although something I have always wanted, his pictures made me want one even more, no matter how tiny!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can not name one, but a few...

I just can not imagine what our CS stone would be without Chrono and TL. They are my gurus, the people who taught me more about CS than any GIA classes.

Chrono - her knowledge, graciousness, her impeccable taste and her honesty in pointing out the drawbacks of stones and jewelry. And her own stones, of course. And her perfectionism.

TL - her stones, her undying enthusiasm, and her honesty. She is adroit in her opinions. I learn by people telling me what is right and what is wrong. Without Chrono and TL, I would still be buying very mediocre stones, which I have aplenty, but at least now I strive to find something better, something more colorful. So I'd rather hear that the stone is bad and return it in time than sit on it for a year, realize it is bad but the return period is long gone.

I feel I have to name everyone, but I can not because the list will be too long. LD - her stones, and for her support, and kindness, and incredible sense of humor.

There are several people who always, foremost, move me with their kindness...I started naming some, and stopped, because the list is too long but I am afraid I am missing someone and I am typing, typing... and then I decided to delete all names for fear of forgetting anyone...

Everyone who is on the CS - thank you. And Kenny and AGBF, thank you for brightening up all forums.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire. Hands down.

ETA: You didn't say influenced me positively! :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1313033364|2988326 said:
Dancing Fire. Hands down.

ETA: You didn't say influenced me positively! :Up_to_something:

your turtle did influenced me positively.. :bigsmile:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
There's been a ton but Freke for sure. Why? Because she and I both love blues and greens and she was my partner in crime/enabler for a lot of my jewelry purchases over the last few years!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Mostly everyone has in some way...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what you mean by "influenced'. In terms of whose posts I enjoy the most, Haven and Pandora spring to mind, but there are many others as well.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many PS'ers who have educated me through their posts but i can't say that i have been influenced by someone specific. During the time that i've been to PS my taste,wishes and priorities, as far as jewelry is concerned, haven't changed or been influenced in any way, but now i am more educated and informed when it comes to diamonds and i know that i can choose better and...safer.
I should say though that there is a poster who has made me feel a lot of warmth, love and positive energy with her kind words and her wondeful character...Susimoo, even though i haven't met you in person, i consider you a dear friend and i'm very happy that you are here ::) :wavey:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Haven. I enjoy her wise attitude to life and personal happiness and reading her posts grounds me.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'd say for sure Kenny, Lorelei, Hudson Hawk, AGBF. In terms of collections, everyone has influenced me a bit with their collections, and it's help me find my own tastes.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, the PS Mommies have had a huge influence on me, from pregnancy into toddler years so far. There's always some savvy advice to be had, and we've shared some funny, amazing and downright painful experiences.

The individual PSer who has influenced me most has to be Rockdiamond though. David has been unfailingly generous and has given me opportunities to travel, to meet people, learn things, understand things and try things on ;)) in a way that I would otherwise only have dreamed about. He's been patient and gracious with my mistakes, too.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Can we have a least influential thread? Because I'd vote me :praise:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know about influenced but Yssie's and Stone-Cold's posts have absolutely educated me more than anybody else about diamonds. I've gotten to where I just scan the thread for their posts first before I read the rest. They have a way of explaining the really technical aspect of diamonds in a way that's easy to understand and lets me make up my own mind regardling preferences towards the diamond in question.

In Colored Stones, I gravitate towards posts by TL, Chrono, and Pandora because of their knowledge and willingness to help.

ETA: PS has a lot of brilliant professionals and I enjoy learning from them too. The regulations prohibiting them from posting on threads referencing another vendor though means that I get to read their posts a lot less often than I'd like to. That's why Yssie's and Stone-Cold's posts stick out for me.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone-cold! He is the best, and he helped me so much when I was shopping for a new diamond. His knowledge and help is invaluable. Thank you Stone-cold!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1313076980|2988564 said:
Can we have a least influential thread? Because I'd vote me :praise:
I don't think so! You influence me to post more often! (The reason is that you are not one of the posters "of old" on here, so to speak, but you've really gained a voice on this forum, which is cool.)

So there :praise:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1313076369|2988553 said:
Well, the PS Mommies have had a huge influence on me, from pregnancy into toddler years so far. There's always some savvy advice to be had, and we've shared some funny, amazing and downright painful experiences.

Me too!!! I JUST LOVE THE MOMMY's!!! You are one of them Jennifer!!! :bigsmile:

The friends that were very welcoming to me when I joined. Lisa, Linda, Karl, Diamondseeker, Ellen, Lorelei, Deb just to name a few. I know I am forgetting some people so please forgive me; there are so many wonderful people!

The Healthy Lifestyle people! I love them and Miss them since I don't post there anymore and a few have moved on too, Rod, Kimi, Mara,DeeJay, TDM, Marcy, Degee and so many more!!!

The people behind PS. I am lucky to have met Andrey and become good friends with his beautiful wife and him; they are good people with hearts of gold!!! Gary and Erika (Coati, my sis and dear friend)!!!

I love all the PS'ers actually but those people have become more than friends and I feel lucky for that :halo:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too many to name :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results