carat
color
clarity

Which pendant for my mom ?

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Hi :)

It was recommended to me to post here also :) :

I'm hesitating between two pendants at similar price point and style.

Could you please tell me your opinions ? Any advice welcome :)

I would like it to be the most wearable for dressy occasions, as she never gifts herself that kind of thing !

I am thinking maybe the first has more presence ?

(I am limiting to UK brands because of import taxes with Brexit !!)

Thank you :)

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

the first thing to note is that the website will have stock images. There can be significant variability between pearls and therefore you should look at them in person before purchase if that is an option. In my opinion, for your budget you should focus on a high quality freshwater rather than anything else. As freshwaters are, relatively speaking, cheaper than other pearls, for a given price point you will be able to find something nicer in a freshwater rather than a lower quality pearl of another type. The Akoya size that you have linked is teeny tiny.

From a design perspective I actually much prefer the drop shape of your first option which also has the benefit of a larger size.

I am not familiar with UK brands to be of further help in that regard. I note you have stated this as a requirement. One thing to point out though is just because you have to pay import taxes does not necessarily mean that purchases from the UK are better value. Rather, you just have to factor that cost into price comparisons.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, this is a duplicated thread and I have already posted in your other thread.

DK =)2

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One thing to point out though is just because you have to pay import taxes does not necessarily mean that purchases from the UK are better value. Rather, you just have to factor that cost into price comparisons.

VAT at 20% and import duty payable on finished items (varies according to country it is coming from) is a big chunk. Plus shipping/insurance can be at least £70 so it is a big factor - creeping up to double what the OP is considering spending.

Have you considered an enhancer? Gives more versatility.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is such a lovely gift for your mum
will they send you pictutres of the actual one you will get if you order it ?
luster is very important here in the pearl forum

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results