shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Pear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellbe

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Any thoughts on these two Pears, any comments much appreciated?

Price: $6,297.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Pear
Carat: 1.22
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 63.3
Table: 59
Girdle: THN-STK F
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence:
Measurements: 9.43-5.86X3.71
Length/Width: 1.61

Price: $5,655.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Pear
Carat: 1.12
Color: D
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 62.8
Table: 56
Girdle: M
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence:
Measurements: 9.05-5.86X3.68
Length/Width: 1.54

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are a reasonalby good "pair". Maybe one has a nicer outline than the other. This means one might have high shoulders or a narrow pointed end, something about their relative shape might please you more about one or the other. These facts are not covered in diamond grading reports. Use the shape selector tool on my website to play around with fancy diamond outline shapes to get a better idea of what I am talking about. Get the vendors to go there to describe their offerings or tell them you need photos.

Which diamond looks better in terms of brilliancy, is also up for grabs. Ins essence, you need to see them both. If they both are super stones, then buy the less costly one.

chellbe

Rough_Rock
Many thanks David

I will use the tool on your site and also ask for photo's.

When you say reasonable, is there a particular measurement that put them in a "reasonble" catagory? I've looked at charts for pears so try to search for best cut. I noted that crown height was not given on these stones either, could this have a big impact on these stones?

Many thanks for your help again.

Marcello

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Crown height is directly a part of total depth. It could be that one is indeed inferior due to improper crown height, maybe both, maybe both are okay. That is the reason you'll need to see them or have more data. Ultimately you will need to see them anyway.

chellbe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that David.
M

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results